One Person Carrying 75 Gallon Aquarium?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Z0RN92, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Z0RN92New MemberMember

Hello, im looking into setting up a 75 gallon African cichlid aquarium. Does anyone know if an empty 75 gallon tank is too heavy or awkward for a fairly strong man to carry? Ideally I'd like to just do it myself

2. ChaoryValued MemberMember

I wouldn't, if it was a 3 footer or less then I would.

3. _IceFyre_Well Known MemberMember

Yeah, tanks that size are too awkward to carry, it's really a 2 person job.

4. NauthesValued MemberMember

I agree.
    You may be strong enough but that thing is gonna be a monster to maneuver.

2 People highly recommended.
    Dont wanna risk that tank breaking

5. ZahcWell Known MemberMember

With the 20" height, its a bit awkward/difficult on your own. 2 people as everyone else stated is much safer for you and the tank.

6. ILLBETHEJUDGEValued MemberMember

Is doable but is better to slide the tank in an old moving blanket until is close to the stand. is not that you won't be able to lift it is just that is uncomfortable since there is nowhere to get a good grip and a bad movement and you could have a broken or leaking tank.
    I brought a 120 gallon home by myself.

7. Z0RN92New MemberMember

Would a moving dolly help?

8. Al913Fishlore VIPMember

Yes

One many alone should not carry the whole tank with out any support! At least get some kind of heavy duty cart. A dolly would help, but in order to get it on the stand you will need help with that

9. NavigatorBlackFishlore VIPMember

I can move them empty, but I am 6'3 and have a wingspan to work with. I also used to deliver fridges, and know the safer tricks. I'm kind of an old guy for these things now, but it's all leverage, not strength. Usually, I put styro on a dolly and move them, then just lift them into place. It is more fun when you have help.

10. wapoosheValued MemberMember

Not even worth the risk, with two people you can kind of work together so you keep the tank safe. But if you are carrying it your self one trip, one hit, could lead to a crack and RIP tank.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice