One of my posts were deleted! I'm not happy about it

1. JoeyB Initiate Member

Hi,
    I hope I'm posting this in the correct area.

A person made a comment about being cautious about buying from large pet stores. Another person suggested users to view you tube videos that showed poor treatment of pets prior to arriving at the stores.

Someone had a problem with this post about you tube and said something to effect that on other forums this would break the rules.

I made a comment that as pet owners We should be aware of how the pets are treated and prepared for shipping etc.

It appears that the entire post was removed. (at least I can no longer find it) There were no vulgar comments, just a debate over these issues and publishing what goes on there.

Why was this post removed? Can we not have healthy discussions regarding pet care? Is this what happens when the subject matter is not what we would like to hear about therefore hiding these issues?

I'm really unhappy that this was edited. Unhappy enough to remove my participation here and move on to another forum. I'm really hoping to have someone give me a educated answer and not just "we didn't like the post" kind of response. I honestly like it here and have received very good advice that has helped me allot from many friendly people.

I'm certainly willing to listen.

Thank you
    Joe

2. LyndaB Fishlore Legend Member

You may want to PM any of our moderators for assistance with this. They are a great and dedicated group of volunteers who keep the forum family friendly. I'm sure if there's a rule that covers what might have been said or referred to in your post, they'll be able to share it with you. :)

3. sirdarksol Fishlore Legend Member

The best way to deal with this kind of thing is to politely contact the mods or Mike, the Admin for the site, not to post a public demand for an explanation, and especially not to essentially repost what had been deleted.

Since you can't yet PM, I understand that it's a bit more difficult to do, but Mike's e-mail address is available on the Fishlore site, and we all have Profiles where you can leave a visitor message (not the most private, but at least it's not going to show up on the "New Posts" button).

Now, I don't know what's going on with that thread. I didn't deal with any of the moderating of it. I'll check in with the other mods and we'll figure out what was going on.

4. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

sometimes an advertisement in the youtube video, can be inappropriate...im sure the mods will figure it out...

5. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

It seems another member's post broke the rules.
    Any posts referencing that post were removed as per FL rules.

If there are any further questions it would be a good idea to follow sirdarksols advice above as we will not get into it here.