One of my platy fry has enormous black eyes. Question

1. VenomGrass Member Member

One of the fry has enormous black popping out eyes?..

Is it a mutant; I'll supply a pic in the morning. Hopefully someone will know without the pic lol.
    Cheers again

:( Poor little thing died last night. Must have been a mutant; it's eyes were actually like MnM's sticking out! This morning there was hardly a body to recover as the other one must have ate it.. Good protein and the process of natural selection I suppose.

:animal0068:Good morning. I've merged your posts since there wasn't a response between.
    Thanks!
    Ken

2. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

I'm sorry you lost him :(
    It sounds more like pop eye. It's usually caused by poor water conditions.

3. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good morning. Sorry to hear that you lost the fry. Usually when fry don't look quiet right, they won't survive, sadly.
    Ken

4. VenomGrass Member Member

For the best I suppose though. Wouldnt want him suffering all his life. Nature took it's course huh :)

5. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Yes. Nature is amazing. I had fry that were born as twins. A little ball was expelled from the female then all of a sudden 2 fry emerged from the ball. I also had fry that were born with just a head and eyes and no tail. (many years ago).
    Ken

6. VenomGrass Member Member

Ken; That is very strange! Did you manage to get any photo's of it? Just out of question, what type of fry was the mutant with no tail please?
    Dan

7. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

No Dan, it was a long time ago so I didn't get any photos. The deformed fry was a Guppy and the twins were Blue Platy's.
    Ken