One of my mollies has white spots on its mouth Question

Discussion in 'Molly' started by ravoorib, Apr 15, 2010.

1. ravooribNew MemberMember

Hello,

I have a 10 gal. tank in which I am housing two black mollies(one male and one female), three ghost catfish and one star-fire red glowfish. Recently(about a week ago), the female molly has given birth to 12 little mollies which I am keeping isolated in a breeder net. My female molly has been a little reclusive since the birth process. It would mostly stay home in a little castle decoration I have and would seldom venture out. It has been coming out more often in the last two days.
    However, I have noticed that it has developed some white spots on its mouth/lips. I am not sure what this could be due to. Would anybody have an idea?

I have kept the water temperature around 80-82F and have diligently performed 1/3 water changes every week. The last time I got my water check (about a week ago) there were zero nitrites, zero ammonia and the pH was around 7.

Could one of you please help me diagnose this problem and suggest a suitable cure? Thanks very much.

I am attaching a couple of pictures of the sick molly.

Attached Files:

2. JrobberWell Known MemberMember

A couple of my Black Mollies had that same type of grayish blotches, but not on their lips but covering their bodies and that was after an ICK breakout. I've read where some Black Mollies do lose some of their coloring over time, especially if they are stressed.

You might check out this link to make sure you don't have a problem.

https://www.fishlore.com/Disease.htm

Keep a close eye on her and see if she gets any spots or blotches on her body over the next couple of days. If she does, you may want to move her to quarantine. However, I'm sure someone else with more experience in fish illness will come along and give you more information.

Good luck and I hope she gets to feeling better soon.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2010