One of my little moons has gone out.

chickadee
:'(Io (named after a moon) was found dead this afternoon. He had a hemorrhage internally obviously as he was white and it was visible under his skin. It was impossible to see what had caused it and to my knowledge he had not been injured. I am going to miss him but he was a good fish and I believe he had a good life until his sudden death.

Marty III will now go into the tank he was in so the 25 gallon tank will not be divided. I decided to put Ariel into the large tank as he is an adult and will be able to handle the current in the larger tank better and Diablo will go into the 12 gallon tank that Ariel will leave Bettaless.

Such a sad week here.

Rose
:'(

Shawnie
sorry for your loss rose

Martinismommy
I'm so sorry Rose.....

Swim to the bridge sweet Io......You will be missed......

Butterfly
Good thoughts coming your way Sorry for your loss.
Carol

Lucy
Rose, I am so sorry, you lost Io. I know you give your babies the best care and he had a good life with you.

pamd
Rose,

I am so sorry for your loss. It must have been so shocking, the way it happened so fast. Maybe little Io didn't want you to see him suffer and decided to go quickly because he knew how much you loved him and he loved you so much. Some would call me crazy, but I truly believe fish, especially bettas, can sometimes sense our emotions. He very well might have sensed you were having a "sad week," as you say.

Io might have contributed to us betta lovers, present and future, and made the ultimate sacrifice to do so. He could not have possibly understood this and certainly didn't die for the purpose of educating us, but I've been into a deeply sorrowful and philosophical thing about betta deaths since reading about Io's death.

He couldn't have had a more loving, knowledgeable and observant mom. Therefore, if anything should suddenly happen to my wonderful betta (perish the thought), I will not blame it on myself. I'll know if something so sudden happened to Io, your fish, and I carefully took care of her by your wisdom, it's not my fault. That kind of thing just happens sometimes. Your noble Io, although in such a sad way, has taught us all that.

Hugs and my deepest sympathy to you on the loss of your Little Moon, Dear Rose.

KonaBoy
So sorry to hear that

ricktavious
Rose, I am so sorry to hear about Io's sudden death

seagullnz
Hello Rose

I am so very sorry for the loss of your baby.

After having Zen Betta Boy for only 1 day now I cannot imagine losing him.

It's funny how these little guys touch our hearts and somehow make the day better just for looking into their eyes.

Rest In Fishy Heaven Little Io

Lily

COBettaCouple
Rose, we're so sorry you lost little Io. We know you gave him the best life.

voiceless_kat
My friend, I am saddened to hear that Io passed.:''( I agree totally with Pam's post.....especially with your fish and the way you are in tune with them.!

There is no place else he could have had better care or a more loving home.

My finned/furred friends and I send many hugs. You know we love you.

Val

capekate
I don't know what to say ... I'm so sorry Rose. :console:

I hope you find comfort in knowing your Betta friends here are thinking of you and sending you hugs and strength you way...
Your Betta Io had the best life he could have with you... Be happy in knowing that.

mlinden84
I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet little betta

chickadee
Thank you all, it is sweet of you to memorialize him so.

Rose

COBettaCouple
Little Io is probably swimming around in Betta Heaven bragging about his Betta mommy.

lessiedo
Ah Rose, we are so sorry to hear of your loss. Our thoughts are with you.

Lisa and Fidget

Tazmiche
Rose I am so so sorry. You are Our bettas Godmother so it seems harsh. HOWEVER I have this vision of ALL our bettas that have passed swimming in the stream under 'Rainbow Bridge' saying 'well my mum is better than yours I had betta pellets' another saying 'HA I had pea for my tea!!!' .......betta #3 'only pea???? bloodworm for me!!!!!!'

I'm sorry he's gone though. My love as always Michelle

nmwierman1977
I am so sorry to hear of your loss of Io. I am always so saddened to hear of a death of one of your Bettas Rose. I know you take such great care of them and you are one the greatest Betta mommys there is. You are the one that gave me courage to raise these beautiful Bettas and never give up on them even when it's so hard at times to care for them especially when something so sudden like this happens. I hope you find peace in his sudden death and know that he appreciates you and loved you very much.Natalie

Drea
So sorry...Rose, Io will be among the stars, he was well cared for and has taken his place with our departed Bettas.

Sprinangl2
oh, Rose...i'm so sorry!!!

StriderHiyru
sorry to hear

chickadee
It was so strange on Friday, my cleaning lady missed him as he was her favorite and she sat down and cried for him. It really touched me. I know I miss them, but she is the only other one here who has ever shown much affection for them here. My family all think I am crazy. I guess we never know what far reaching influences they have until they are gone.

Rose

COBettaCouple
I can understand that. She saw into what these little Bettas are and she formed a bond with him. It's so easy to do with Bettas.

Lucy
Rose, your post has me all choked up again, I know you loved the little guy and to know he had such an effect on your housekeeper.......he must have been one special betta.

StriderHiyru
sorry to hear

i'm gonna be really sad when one of my bettas bites the dust

Tazmiche
For me seeing their eyes moving looking at different things gets me, that little blue glint looking up and then at me. It must take a hard heart not to fall in love!!!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
bettafish247
Replies
Views
alliemac
Replies
Views
Shimmy
Replies
Views