One of my guppy lost its color overnight.

SukiD

Hi, It's been 1 mont I got a fish tank. I have guppies and pink zebra. Intially zebra was chasing guppy a lot and I did multiple things and since last 2 weeks they all get along well. Yesterday Evening 1 guppy isolated itself in a small house like structure I have kept in the tank. It didn't come out till now it's been 14 hours. I tried to see it properly and to my surprise its tail is colour less right now. It has lost color overnight. I changed water as well. Other guppies are fine but not eating enough. The one that isolated itself is not eating at all. Kindly help.

PeterFishKeepin

Welcome to fishlore :)

How big is your tank?

your stocking is some guppies and pink zebra danios?

The coloiur change could be from shock, the chasing around and possible fin nipping behaviour could be stressing the fish, does it look pale in colour or completely white? i would do a waterchange and add some stress coat if you can.

Just let us know the tank size, did you cycle the fish tank? if not or you dont know what it is research the nitrogen cycle also some photos of the 'sick' fish and the whole tank would be good, have a look at the tail and fins of the guppy, does it look like little bites have been ripped out of it? if so your other fish have been biting it, if the pink zebra is the chasing fish most likely the nipper too.

Best of luck, photos and tank size is helpful. :) :) :)

Flyfisha

Hi SukiD

You say you changed water yesterday. How much did you change?

sslliitthheerr

I don't have much to offer in terms of help because i have not had a problem like this but I hope that your fish turn out fine and get better

SukiD

It's 4 gallons of water. Yes 2 pink Zebra Danious and 4 guppies. Sadly only 3 left as one died just now. Zebra don't seem to be chasing now. They swin in total different area. Other guppies look fine but I am worried same does not happen to others. Will read about cycling surely.

Hi SukiD

You say you changed water yesterday. How much did you change?

Complete water

Attachments

• IMG_20220629_095210.jpg
    IMG_20220629_095210.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20220629_094342.jpg
    IMG_20220629_094342.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 8

PeterFishKeepin

You should really do more then 50%water changes in 4 gals, your tank is overstocked, I would return the pink zebras a small they need more swim room and maybe add another guppy

Flyfisha

You should not really do more than 50% water change in one day . You could change another 50% later n the same week.

Does the tank have a filter or heater?

Sorry you had to begin learning of the nitrogen cycle this way .

SukiD

You should really do more then 50%water changes in 4 gals, your tank is overstocked, I would return the pink zebras a small they need more swim room and maybe add another guppy
Thanks. Will do. So I am adding stress coat , return Zebra danious and read about nitrogen cycling. Thanks again.
You should not really do more than 50% water change in one day . You could change another 50% later n the same week.

Does the tank have a filter or heater?

Sorry you had to begin learning of the nitrogen cycle this way .
No I don't. I only bought air pump as the guys from who I got complete kit said its, not necessary for the small 4 G tank I have. I am a total beginner and there was no problem since last 1 month. Only after I saw my guppy unwell yesterday, I began researching and landed in this community.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Whitewolf
Replies
Views
FishBoy101
Replies
Views
luk254
Replies
Views