One month of growth in my first tank!

baph0meat

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
5D2469CF-A2B3-4901-8641-872E65EA926B.jpeg

30 L/8 gallons, 30x30x35cm. no ferts yet but i’d like to try soon since the hygrophilia polysperma is turning a little pale/yellow. the diatoms are in full swing, but i’m so happy with how the plants are filling in (the hygro has been hitting the surface about once a week)!

my cycle is almost complete and hopefully by next week i’ll be adding some shrimp and a snail! it’ll eventually be home to a betta, but that’ll probably be weeks from now, because i want to pick him out in person so i have to wait for isolation measures to be over.

OP
baph0meat

baph0meat

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
thank you! i hope so too. even before all of the quarantine stuff my plan was still to add the shrimp first and add the betta a few weeks later, to let the plants grow in even more densely and the shrimp hopefully get a bit bigger, and i’m hoping all of that combined minimizes any potential issues :’) i’m thinking about adding some hydrocotyl tripartita along the sides, too, but it depends on if my LFS can send it to me.

TWiG87

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
That really filled in nice. Looks good

Joshaeus

Well Known
Reaction score
Hygrophila polysperma is doing what it does best :D Anyhow, I agree that you should add some ferts...a lot of nutrients plants need don't easily enter the tank otherwise (notably potassium, a macronutrient).

New Threads