One Fish You Would Love To Keep But Can’t?

SmallFishGuy

For me I think it would have to be an Oscar but I don’t have the room to keep one, just interested in what people say

Danjamesdixon

snowballPLECO

SmallFishGuy

Kyleena696 said:
1. Black Ghost Knifefish
2. Red Tailed Shark
3. Gold Nugget Pleco

I'm slowly building up my "most wanted fish list" haha.
I have a rainbow shark, I wanted a red tail but they’re more aggressive supposedly so I decided on rainbow and it’s one of the best decisions I’ve made!

GuppyGuy007

Discus
Angelfish
Multifasciatus
Similis
Many more.
I wish I could have bigger than a 29 Gallon Tank. And I wish I had put sand in it when I started.

Fashooga

A mermaid...that would be so cool...

Ms rose

a flower horn for sure. not expirienced enough and don't have proper tank size....YET... lol. also really like all salt water fish and inverts but again, not expirienced enough, some day

sierrah766

Fahn

Longear sunfish. I don't have the space for a large tank but would love a school of them in a tank heavily planted with native water plants.

My second choice would be freshwater stingrays. Again, not a big enough tank...

Mazeus

One of the big puffer fish like a Fahaka or a Mbu.

goldface

Magikarp

CloudTheFluffy

Black ghost knife
Flowerhorn
No money for a big enough tank and equipment for them. Maybe one day.

Ms rose

Fashooga said:
A mermaid...that would be so cool...
this is the best answer yet ahahaha iv been laughing for 10 mis about this lol

Little John

a big fish with lots of personality

Seth15

For me it would have to be freshwater stingrays, unfortunately they are illegal to own in the state I live in.

DutchAquarium

differnt species of freshwater pipefish, i've checked the Enneacampus ansorgiI species of the list already.

Crafty Cichlid

Barreleye

SKYE.__.HIGH

Clownfish and wild caught blue green discus

Smalltownfishfriend

Discuss... Not experience enough!!

DutchAquarium

Smalltownfishfriend said:
Discuss... Not experience enough!!
I would give them a shot. They aren't as hard as many make them out to be. I think they got that reputation due to wilds which are much more prone to disease. The domestics aren't bad as long as you keep parameters stable. you can even keep them in hard water as long as you don't have swings.

Fahn

Just remembered something else I'd like to keep, and I'm going the opposite trend of big.

Metallic purple shrimp. These Caridina shrimp are beautiful... and $500 each. I'll never be able to afford a breeding pair lol

Kyleena696

Fahn said:
Just remembered something else I'd like to keep, and I'm going the opposite trend of big.

Metallic purple shrimp. These Caridina shrimp are beautiful... and $500 each. I'll never be able to afford a breeding pair lol
Uggggh, thanks for showing me another purple invertebrate I won't be able to have I've been trying for a year to find some purple mystery snails. Seriously though, those are some gorgeous shrimp!

seth rodgers

Arrowana

Thunder_o_b

Discus.

coderedjulia

The fish from Finding Nemo lol. Yellow and blue tangs are beautiful. And the clownfish. All in a saltwater reef tank. I’m not very experienced. And I know nothing about saltwater tanks. I heard that getting a blue tang is not a good idea. Yellow tangs seem to be very common though so I would probably get one of those if I had more experience. I’ll stick to my tetra glofish and freshwater tank for now.

m.b

black ghost knife, bichir, and snowflake eels are what I want right now but i'm nowhere near experienced enough for these fish haha

Colt Frost

Wobbegong

Blue gularis killifish, I can't find any in stock.

Cardeater

Mazeus said:
One of the big puffer fish like a Fahaka or a Mbu.
I love the Mbu puffer after watching Cory feed Murphy on his YouTube channel. The Mbu look like they are smiling to me bc of the way the beak is shaped. The way the bite the clamshells is super cool.

I could see myself getting a big enough tank. Cory said in a stream that the Marineland DD 300 is what he considers the minimum tank for one. I just couldn't see myself spending the $10 a day in food. Plus, I'd rather have a large community tank featuring clown Loaches in a 300g , if I got one.

Edit:
I swear I'm not copying Cory, lol, but clown Loaches happen to be my favorite fish. I love mine. Mbu is probably second even though I'll likely never have one.

GuppyGuy007

Now that I think of it,
I will add Fundulopanchax Gardneri, because none of my fish stores have ever cotton them in.

Kyleena696

Another fish I'd love to keep but will probably not be able to are the zebra glofish.

Cander

Flowerhorn

DarkOne

Silver Arowana.
School of Clown Loaches.

I had a silver arowana 30 yrs ago. I bought it at 3" and grew it out in a 30 gallon community. Moved him to a 55 gallon until he was just over 12" and gave him back to the LFS when I read in a book how big they get. I loved watching him glide back and forth in the 55g.

J.Ho

Rivulus HartiI or a couple of Gulper Catfish.

The Gulpers look like they are basically Fish Pugs, and watching their happy dance and somersaults when they are hand fed or eat fish pieces is adorable.

Top Bottom