One Fish Dead Other Sick

Shaun Norris

Reaction score
Hi

Hoping someone can help. Recently bought a fish and brought it home from the store,l and put it with my other fish which has been fine for the last month. They both seemed perfectly healthy but noticed that something wasn't quite right by the second day with the new fish and seemed sick. I separated the two fish and the new one has died today.

The fish I have had for a while isn't eating and not swimming very much anymore and has these red spots under its skin? Can someone help or let me know what they are? Photo attached. There is another couple on the other side.
IMG-20180429-WA0008.jpg

Shaun Norris

Reaction score
It's quite small? 3 litre tank with a Max flow of 210ltr per hour, have it on the lowest setting. Not enough for a small fish? We clean it every week half the water.

Shaun Norris

Reaction score
GreekGills said:
What is your tank size and parameters? Is your tank properly cycled?
Sorry new to these forums but, 3 litre tank, the pump can do 210ltr per hour but it's on the lowest setting and we clean it every week, by changing half the water

GreekGills said:
Read up on the nitrogen cycle if you aren't familiar, as this could be your issue. Also do you have a master liquid test kit? Test results will tell you a lot.
Thanks Greek, hopefully holds on until tomorrow morning and I'll get a test kit. Any ideas or anything I can do in the short term?

GreekGills

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
You are going to need a large tank than that, 3litre=.7gal? Your options are extremely limited with that space, 5 gallons would be good for a couple fish.

Shaun Norris

Reaction score
Wo
GreekGills said:
You are going to need a large tank than that, 3litre=.7gal? Your options are extremely limited with that space, 5 gallons would be good for a couple fish.
Would it be safe to take existing water and put it in a bigger tank with fresh water?

GreekGills

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Don't worry, I'm only a few months into this hobby and I've learned a TON on this forum. You came to the right place for help
Click that goldfish link in your post, good info there. I would go ahead and switch him to a bigger tank, make sure to temperature match. Getting a filter is very important, as it holds most of the bacteria needed to keep your tank healthy. Definitely read up on the nitrogen cycle! This was the last thing I though of as a beginner, but should have been the first!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom