One Female Guppy Is Hiding In Corner Of The Tank By Herself

KelvinCao

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
One of my female guppies is hiding in the corner of the 30g tank by herself with clamped fins. What could be the cause as all the other guppies are doing fine? One of my guppies also have birth recently but I do not know which one so it could've been her if that helps. Thanks. I also got these guppies about a week ago.

KelvinCao

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Ammonia and nitrites are fine. Nitrates are a bit high but I did a water change. Temperature is 78 to 79. The fish were left in the bag over the tank to get the temperature right , then I transferred some tank water into the bags, waited and then transferred them completely. The tank has also been cycled for awhile as I had other fish in here before but decided to switch to guppies.

fjh

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Could you post a picture of the hiding guppy? I can't see her in the tank view.
Also, are black neons the only other fish in the tank?
What is your m:f guppy ratio (about-ish)

fjh

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Huh, you're talking about the one with the red tail?

It looks like she has pin tail (notice her dorsal and analfins look like needles).
The reason she is in the corner is probably because there's not a lot of current there, so she doesn't have to work to stay in one place. Do you notice any other fish with this?

Other possibilities are that she is stressed and clamping her fins, or she is actually a he (though that doesn't explain the dorsal fin)

KelvinCao

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Update the guppy has died. She was stuck on the filter intake. I'm not sure what happened.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom