One Eyed Fish

MissNoodle

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Imagine my surprise seeing this little guy at the store. Needless to say, he came home. Hes currently in quarantine though.

Looks like its an older issue or perhaps just born without it. Looks pretty good despite the eye.

I am still undecided on a name for him.

Is there any particular care besides normal molly care that he will need since hes missing an eye? He occasionally bumps into decor, but i expect that to ease up a little once he gets used to his new home. He will be moved into the community tank with my other molly and my blackskirts after quarantine if all is well.

Attachments

Coptapia

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
No real special needs. Just make sure it gets enough to eat, it’s a little on the thin side. If there’s aggression or dominance from the other fish it might stay near the glass to protect its blind side. If there’s none of that I wouldn’t worry about it...

MissNoodle

Well Known Member
Reaction score
No real special needs. Just make sure it gets enough to eat, it’s a little on the thin side. If there’s aggression or dominance from the other fish it might stay near the glass to protect its blind side. If there’s none of that I wouldn’t worry about it...
Well unfortunately he ended up belly up during the night but he came from a wall of tanks being treated for ich, even if he looked clean. But thank you for the advice all the same

CheshireKat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Oh no at least he had a nice environment for short while... I doubt he would've gottena home otherwise. I would've done the same... I'm a sucker for the odd ones.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom