One Cory Noticiably Smaller

sheehanje

I have 7 emerald green corydoras I've had for 5 months now. I had them in a 75 gallon, but swap stock with a 36 gallon I have. The substrate in the 36 is a light sand - compared to very dark eco-complete I have in the 75. Because of these we get a much better look of the cory's. After the cory's went to town on the sand (it was a brownish color) we noticed that one of the 7 is much thinner then the rest.

Could he just be stunted, or might he be sick, or is it just genetics? They all seem much happier in the 36 - probably because of the substrate and subtraction of flying foxes around them. Below is a pic, the one I am talking about is second to the left.

Thanks in advance!

20170821_170235.jpg

FishFish221

Probably stunted from the crowded conditions in the fish farm or fish store.

sheehanje

Probably stunted from the crowded conditions in the fish farm or fish store.

They've been in my possession for over 5 months though, they were all small when I first got them.

FishFish221

They've been in my possession for over 5 months though, they were all small when I first got them.
Unless you bred them and raised them from fry, you won't know how old it is. It's growth might have been stunted at either the fish farm or fish store.

MikeRad89

Looks like a male with bunch of females.

sheehanje

Looks like a male with bunch of females.

Depending how you look at it, he's either really lucky or really depressed.

MikeRad89

It can be either a gift or a curse...

James17

Depending how you look at it, he's either really lucky or really depressed.
I'd say depressed one female is tough enough to deal with five I'd have to kill myself. LOL

DoubleDutch

Think this might be different than in human life.

He is in Coryheaven for sure !!!!

FlutterFish

Hey, almost every male is glad to be surrounded by females.

Unless he's that introverted type... but I'm pretty sure that's rare amongst the corydoras species...

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
IRTehDar
Replies
Views
Daac
  • Question
Replies
Views
DoubleDutch
Replies