40 Gallon Tank One 6" Fish?

ostadsiah

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hello. I wanna have a community tank with small fish like guppies and harlequins. Temperature around 80F.

And I'd like to add a long or bigger fish, around 6 to 8 inch, something pretty and peaceful? Any suggestions?

(I looked into some cichlids, like rainbow cichlid or kribensis, but I don't know, will they behave if I keep only one? I think kribs aren't pretty if kept alone so that's also a problem.)

Guppygirl88

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
ostadsiah said:
Hello. I wanna have a community tank with small fish like guppies and harlequins. Temperature around 80F.

And I'd like to add a long or bigger fish, around 6 to 8 inch, something pretty and peaceful? Any suggestions?

(I looked into some cichlids, like rainbow cichlid or kribensis, but I don't know, will they behave if I keep only one? I think kribs aren't pretty if kept alone so that's also a problem.)
How about an Angel. They are super chill and they come in all kinds of great colors

OP
ostadsiah

ostadsiah

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Guppygirl88 said:
How about an Angel. They are super chill and they come in all kinds of great colors
Oh yeah they're cool too! I just wanted to have more options, I really don't know many fish!

Guppygirl88

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
ostadsiah said:
Oh yeah they're cool too! I just wanted to have more options, I really don't know many fish!
Go to the section on fish profiles in this forum there are a lot of good ideas there

OP
ostadsiah

ostadsiah

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Guppygirl88 said:
Go to the section on fish profiles in this forum there are a lot of good ideas there
Oh no, they only make me overwhelmed! :nailbiting:
And they don't give advice on specific cases. I've searched the internet before but now I thought I'd ask for people's experiences.

New Threads