Omgosh, this makes me so SAD!!!

slimeneo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Indeed, it's really sad I wonder if you can report it or something..... that's just.. terrible.

Matt B

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
They wouldn't be able to market those if the general public weren't already indifferent to the sight of a fish in a cup. Even sadder.

mosaicguppy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I agree, keeping a betta in a vase is already not going to let the fish live a very happy life but saying they eat plant roots? That's just ridiculous. Sometimes I wish my bettas would eat some more plant matter like my other fish do, tried with veggie flakes and got the evil stare lol.

tunastrack

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I put a post on CL warning potential buyers, I was matter of fact to the point, but pleasant about it. Even included FLs betta care fact sheet link

Orion5

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Just terrible... I hate it when people use fish in this way. I'm glad you wrote something to craigslist. They usually will do something about these things.

petlorilea

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
wow. This 'new idea' cycled back around. THAT is the sad part. I confess to having one of these in the 90s but even as a newbie I knew bettas wouldn't eat the plant; I put a straw through the root ball and dropped pellets in. Fortunately the plant wilted so badly that I disassembled it.

tunastrack

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I did too petlorilea! But Im SO glad I know better now!!!....Someone else also posted on the CL warning about her post! Made me feel good to have back up!!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom