Omgosh, this makes me so SAD!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tunastrack, Dec 17, 2012.

1. tunastrack

tunastrack Well Known Member Member

Come on now....Feeds on the plant roots???

2. p

peppergene New Member Member

3. slimeneo

slimeneo Valued Member Member

Indeed, it's really sad :( I wonder if you can report it or something..... that's just.. terrible.

4. p

peppergene New Member Member

Maybe let the seller know that bettas are carnivorous?

5. Matt B

Matt B Well Known Member Member

They wouldn't be able to market those if the general public weren't already indifferent to the sight of a fish in a cup. Even sadder.

6. m

mosaicguppy Well Known Member Member

I agree, keeping a betta in a vase is already not going to let the fish live a very happy life but saying they eat plant roots? That's just ridiculous. Sometimes I wish my bettas would eat some more plant matter like my other fish do, tried with veggie flakes and got the evil stare lol.

7. MotherMajesty:)

MotherMajesty:) Valued Member Member

It would be perfectly nice WITHOUT the fish, so why??? Wonder how they ship them.

8. OP
    OP
    tunastrack

I put a post on CL warning potential buyers, I was matter of fact to the point, but pleasant about it. Even included FLs betta care fact sheet link :)

9. Orion5

Orion5 Well Known Member Member

Just terrible... I hate it when people use fish in this way. I'm glad you wrote something to craigslist. They usually will do something about these things.

10. petlorilea

petlorilea Valued Member Member

wow. This 'new idea' cycled back around. THAT is the sad part. I confess to having one of these in the 90s but even as a newbie I knew bettas wouldn't eat the plant; I put a straw through the root ball and dropped pellets in. Fortunately the plant wilted so badly that I disassembled it.

11. OP
    OP
    tunastrack

I did too petlorilea! But Im SO glad I know better now!!!....Someone else also posted on the CL warning about her post! Made me feel good to have back up!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice