omg!!

LilaBean

Valued Member
Reaction score
one of our female play's that seems really fertile-- was starting to look like she swallowed a brick this week-- we thought she might be getting ill (like the rest this week) turn out she was preggo-- this morning we woke to find that her sack of fluid was outside her body and you could see little fry eyes inside--- THE COOLSET THING EVER!!!!! anyways-- i had to go out this morninga nd thought for sure i would miss the live birth-- but tonight i got home and she still has the sack just hanging out-- fry inside and all--- is this normal???????? i keep watching and she seems ok-- this morning she was eating everytihgn off rocks almost like she was grazing-- i'm trying to get a good pic beacsue it is so cool to see!! but should i be worried that she hasn't birthed yet??? LILA

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
No idea if it's normal (don't know much about platies and the way they breed), but if it's normal, CONGRATS!

LilaBean

Valued Member
Reaction score
it's still there this morning-- mabe the fry just isn't ready yet-- or the sack needs to be broken to let the fry free-- we will keep an eye on her today!! Saw two of the baby fry-- one almost got eaten but he swam free!!! yeah!! LILA

LilaBean

Valued Member
Reaction score
i noticed that ht eshape was strting to change and then within minutes they were gone from her belly sack!!! i think i saw one near where she was hagning out near a big bushy plant!!!!! yeahhh!!!! BABIES-- ;D I LOVE THEM!!!!! ;D LILA

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! What are you going to do with them? Are you going to keep them all?

Gwenz

Richard

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Congrats..must've been an awesome experience being part of the birthing process most people don't get to see..hope your fry are doing OK.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I'm glad they're finally out and about You will post some pictures of them when they're bigger, right?

LilaBean

Valued Member
Reaction score
we are in the process of getting everything we need to start to set up another tank-- and as the fry get bigger transfer them in there-- but so far we have three baby fry that have done well in the tank with the others!! I haven't seen the newest ones since the day they were born-- hopefully they are hiding in a good spot!! our tank is still yucky from all the treatments we've been doing for the sick platy's but will post pics after the next water change when it's not so fuzzy!!! LILA

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom