OMG! Prego Ghost Catfish!!??

bbfeckawitts

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I think that my Ghost Catfish has a belly full of eggs! Attached is a pic, but she really looks pregnant! The one with the red circle is her... I had named it Bob but I think its a girl now! If it is pregnant, what should I do??

tan.b

Well Known
Reaction score
bbfeckawitts said:
I think that my Ghost Catfish has a belly full of eggs! Attached is a pic, but she really looks pregnant! The one with the red circle is her... I had named it Bob but I think its a girl now! If it is pregnant, what should I do??
wow!! sorry I can't help, I know nowt about ghost catfish, but imagine the fry! they'd be impossible to see! small and transparent! good luck. let us know how bob gets on!

SHPEPoser

Reaction score
I think mine is Prego as well. She (I guess) looks the same. She got really fat and just today I noticed a small pink sac like thing behind the belly. I've done some reading on it and they like to lay their eggs on leaves during the rainy season. Do you have more than one ghost catfish? I have 2 and the other has become very protective and chasing off the other fish. Not really sure what's going on. ???

OP
B

bbfeckawitts

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
If she was pregnant her eggs got eaten. I saw her open her mouth and then little white balls came out, my fish came over and cleaned the whole area. Yes I have two.
Good luck.
Brianna

SHPEPoser

Reaction score
Mine just did the same today. I see white eggs floating all in my tank. I also see that a bunch have attached to the leaves. You may get lucky and have some that are safe in the rocks or in the leaves. Time will tell.

New Threads