Omg, Omg, My First Mystery Snail Clutch.

Discussion in 'Snails' started by Zoomo, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Zoomo

ZoomoWell Known MemberMember

I was clearing debris (loose plant leaves) from the skimmer in my filter because it was grinding/churning for the like 25th time today, and I found a tiny little clutch next to the filter. I don't know what to do with them. I left them for now, but I really don't want many more mystery snails in this 40 gallon. I was surprised it was so small, but it is the first one I have ever had.

Attached Files:

2. bryangar

bryangarWell Known MemberMember

That’s really cool! What you can do is raise them up and sell them on here, Im sure people here would buy some, if you’d like. If you don’t want to go through all that hassle of shipping snails then you can throw them away.

3. OP
    OP
    Zoomo

I emotionally cannot throw them away, feel like I would be murdering them. There are not many and it may not even hatch, but pretty sure they are fertile. I have 10 mystery snails and always see them mating so I am pretty sure I have a male and female.

4. bryangar

bryangarWell Known MemberMember

Make sure to keep them moist, if they dry up then they probably won’t hatch. You’ll just have to wait and see if they hatch.

5. OP
    OP
    Zoomo

So, was feeding them before and I must have missed it earlier but there are 3 clutches, OMG, OMG, OMG. So, after work, I have to make a hatchery for them. Again, no idea what I will do with them, but we shall see.

6. Gypsy13

Gypsy13Fishlore VIPMember

Get pretty babies and sell them. Or give them whatever your heart desires. Congratulations and have fun! :)

7. Mazeus

MazeusWell Known MemberMember

Aww congrats! Keep us updated on the colour variety of the babies.

8. OP
    OP
    Zoomo

I will. I have to wait till later to move them to a container to float on paper towels, because I have no paper towels and no containers to float, so ordered them at Wally World and son is picking them up on the way home from work around 5 or 6 pm, so I am hoping they don't get wet before then. They are up right under the rim where there is about 2-3 inches of just tank and no water. Since I have 10 snails and a mix of blue/ivory/and brown in there, no idea who momma is or daddy. But, the other day, I literally had like 6 of the 10 all on top of each other on the side of the tank. ORGY. I don't know what I am going to do to grow these guys. I do not want them to overrun the 40 gallon. How long do I have to grow them before they can be given to pet stores or sold? I have nowhere to put them. I have a 5 gallon empty and a 3 gallon empty but no stand or room for a stand to put them on. I'd have to get another heater too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice