OMG! Look at this tank!

FinalFins

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Browsing youtube and saw this on reccomended! I need a tank like this :D

Crispii from the title there are altums in the tank...:)

GlennO

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Looks wonderful, like a mangrove root jungle.

Hope the owner never has to try to catch any fish!

Crispii

Well Known Member
Reaction score
They're not Altums. :cool:

But I really dig the scape.

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Wow those angels are demonstrating some serious heirarchy it looks like. The other thing that caught my eye was the pleco that stuck himself to the front glass along the left front where the two pieces of driftwood meet near the bottom :)... Thanks for sharing the cool video!! Nice find!!

Feohw

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
He says they are Peruvian altums. So actually scalare. Beautiful fish and tank all the same. Thanks for sharing it.

Dawn Michele

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Beautiful tank!!

MacZ

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Nearly slipped on my own saliva. Wow!

angelcraze

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hey that's my tank! Just kidding, I would LOVE it to be mine tho!

Redshark1

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
No I did not enjoy that video with the Angels fighting all the time. When I sit down to watch my aquarium I like to see my fish interacting peacefully.

angelcraze

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Redshark1 said:
No I did not enjoy that video with the Angels fighting all the time. When I sit down to watch my aquarium I like to see my fish interacting peacefully.
Huh....Do you keep cichlids? They look like they may be newly added and establishing pecking order still. My angels don't fight like that, but I also have only had tank raised scalare.

Redshark1

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yes I am very experienced and have kept many Angels and many other cichlids thanks.

I don't say you should share my opinion. You are welcome to have a different one. And I am interested in your different opinion and the reasons for it.

I do know what I mean. When they pair off they may behave in this way.

The great Takashi Amano had a similar aquarium and did not enjoy relaxing in front of it for the same reason. For someone of such great standing to publicly admit his failure made me appreciate him more as a human being.

angelcraze

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Redshark1 said:
Yes I am very experienced and have kept many Angels and many other cichlids thanks.

I don't say you should share my opinion. You are welcome to have a different one. And I am interested in your different opinion and the reasons for it.

I do know what I mean. When they pair off they may behave in this way.

The great Takashi Amano had a similar aquarium and did not enjoy relaxing in front of it for the same reason. For someone of such great standing to publicly admit his failure made me appreciate him more as a human being.
Oh I don't mind hearing other opinions either! I didn't mean to offend thanks. I thought you have kept cichlids, but wasn't sure. Yeah, they do seem to be fighting a lot, but it's a different story with wild caught specimens, especially if they were newly added.

My opinion on fighting? I would expect my wild caught angels to fight more than tank raised. Do I like it? No. But I also don't keep wild fish.

Crispii

Well Known Member
Reaction score
angelcraze said:
Oh I don't mind hearing other opinions either! I didn't mean to offend. I thought you have kept cichlids, but wasn't sure. Yeah, they do seem to be fighting a lot, but it's a different story with wild caught specimens, especially if they were newly added.

My opinion on fighting? I would expect my wild caught angels to fight more than tank raised. Do I like it? No. But I also don't keep wild fish.
You own WC angels?

angelcraze

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Crispii said:
You own WC angels?
Oops sorry I meant IF they were my wild caught angels. I keep thinking this is my tank :eek:

emeraldking

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I love biotope tanks way more than nice planted sculptured ones. And this one is a beauty for sure...

Indianasfishkeeper

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Here's a shot of my 150 ! This tank made me think of mine !

Attachments

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom