Omg. I Think I'm Cycled. What Do You Guys Think?

ASHLEY R COOK

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I was having trouble finishing my fishless cycling after more than 6 weeks. I was close but not there. So you guys suggested I finish fish-in with TSS+.
It has been a week and I have not tested but I cheated today and I think I'm finally cycled!
I could cry!
Thx everyone for the support and help through this bc I don't have any friends or family or even a decent LFS to talk with.
Here is a pic of my test and my new fish.
Sunny is the creamsicle male. The larger female is Chief (my grandma's nickname and she bosses the little one.)
The little one is Molly (so original. Lol)
I did lose one little fish during the week but he never acted very well after he was added to the tank. Poor Po, RIP little guy.
20180504_171316.jpg
20180504_164151.jpg

matt 63

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
That stuff worked really great for me to, my tank was cycled within a week of using it

Lorekeeper

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I'd go ahead and do a WC, personally. Most of the bacteria should have already colonized the filter, so you shouldn't see any difference after a water change.

Hunter1

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I was following you and feeling helpless I couldn’t come up with a magic potion.

But, I didn’t see a nitrite test?

ASHLEY R COOK

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hunter1 said:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I was following you and feeling helpless I couldn’t come up with a magic potion.

But, I didn’t see a nitrite test?
I stopped doing them bc after 6 weeks I never saw any bc of the tss+. I'll do one tonight just to make sure tho

OscarHoya

Valued Member
Reaction score
I just got to those same readings on my 10g. I think you just need to do partial water changes every couple days to bring the Nitrate down. But what is your Nitrite reading? I'm guessing you are on track if your Nitrate went up a little.

ASHLEY R COOK

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
My nitrate was at 5ppm before i added fish. I'm going to do a nitrite test within the hour. I'm about to put the toddler to bed lol

ASHLEY R COOK

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Zero nitrites as well!
But like I said I have never had a change in nitrites and I tested almost daily while cycling lol. Just straight to nitrates bc of tss+
20180504_221456.jpg

matt 63

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
ASHLEY R COOK said:
Zero nitrites as well!
But like I said I have never had a change in nitrites and I tested almost daily while cycling lol. Just straight to nitrates bc of tss+View attachment 435492
Congratulations!! It feels good when you finally get a tank cycled, I know I was very impatient about it lol

ASHLEY R COOK

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
matt 63 said:
Congratulations!! It feels good when you finally get a tank cycled, I know I was very impatient about it lol
Yes. I am an impatient person but I was doing so well until I went past 6 weeks. Then i was like forget this! ****

matt 63

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
ASHLEY R COOK said:
Yes. I am an impatient person but I was doing so well until I went past 6 weeks. Then i was like forget this! ****
Lol I know that feeling, the hardest part for me was waiting to get more fish, I couldn't even go to the pet store anymore cause I was too tempted to buy more fish

ASHLEY R COOK

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
matt 63 said:
Lol I know that feeling, the hardest part for me was waiting to get more fish, I couldn't even go to the pet store anymore cause I was too tempted to buy more fish
I know! I about to see if I can get my QT up and running so I can start QT my next batch of fish. Lol
Since I had one die I'm scared to add to my tank. argh

matt 63

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
ASHLEY R COOK said:
I know! I about to see if I can get my QT up and running so I can start QT my next batch of fish. Lol
Since I had one die I'm scared to add to my tank. argh
Dang I hate to hear that, and what kind of fish are you planning on getting?

matt 63

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
ASHLEY R COOK said:
I'm planning on ending with 4 mollies, 4 platies, a dwarf gourami and 6 cories (not sure probably panda)
I'm in love with livebearers right now
That's gonna be a cool set up, I like the dwarf gourami, and I'm doing a African cichlid tank which i am completely new to, so I still have lots of learning to do lol

ASHLEY R COOK

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
matt 63 said:
That's gonna be a cool set up, I like the dwarf gourami, and I'm doing a African cichlid tank which i am completely new to, so I still have lots of learning to do lol
I love cichlids. I almost did that too but I landed on livebearers for this tank. If I get a bigger tank i will for sure do cichlids!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom