Omg, I think I have eggs!!!!!!!

1. Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

Ok well this morning I was looking into my tank and I noticed 2 creamish yellowish small small ovals on a vallsneria leaf and on my drift wood, do they sound like eggs? The only egg layers I have are my harquieln rasboras, kirbs, bn plecos, cory cats and my female betta. It can't be my betta, she wasn't egg bound and her eggs float, my plecos aren't mature enough I think and they lay their eggs in a mound shape

any ideas? Shawnie, I know youre on, the little thing at the bottom of the page tells me so

2. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Any chance of pics? are they single eggs or in a jelly like sac
    Carol

3. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

:;laughing I was playing with my profile :anim_35:
    pics would help...i dont think its the bn's they would be guarding them....rule out the betta ...kribs would be protecting also...cories will scatter theirs...

4. harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

Interesting. I'm thinking maybe snail eggs. They can come in on your plants. I agree a pic would be helpful.

5. Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

no they arent jelly like snail eggs are, i have been trying to take a picture but they are small and the camera is horrible

6. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

look for the little flower icon on your camera settings..thats called macro setting..thats the best to take fish pics with

7. Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

i have the camera set to that but it is just too small, how big are tetra eggs?

8. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

tetras scatter their eggs..

9. Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

the eggs are scattered but i dont have any tetras, i was just wondering because i have some harqulien rasboras but i thought that they lay their eggs in a group under a leaf.

10. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

your OP didnt say they were scattered

"vallsneria leaf and on my drift wood"

are you sure they are eggs and not just leftover food decaying?

11. Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

im pretty sure they are eggs i think, they arent being washed away from the current