Omega One Veggie Rounds

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Product:
Omega One Veggie Rounds

Description:
This food is for both Freshwater and Saltwater Herbivores.

Ingredients:
Whole Kelp, Spirulina, Whole Salmon, Halibut, Seafood Mix (Including Krill, Whole Herring, & Shrimp), Wheat flour, Wheat Gluten, Lecithin, Astaxanthin, L-Ascorbyl-2-Phosphate (Source of Vitamin C), Natural and Artificial Colors, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Folic Acid, Biotin, Inositol, Tocopherol (Preservative),Ethoxyquin (Preservative).

Guaranteed Analysis:
Min. Crude Protein….34%
Min. Crude Fat……….8%
Max. Crude Fiber…….6%
Max. Moisture………. 8.5%
Max. Ash……………..15%
Min. Phosphorus…...(0.5% )
Min. Omega 3 ………. 2%
Min. Omega 6…………1%

(Source: Found on the packaging)

Pros:
Unlike many of the other algae wafers on the market the first ingredients aren't fish meal, wheat or flour.
They sink quickly and soften up making them great to supplement my ottos's diet. They go right after them.
I have tried other algae wafers and my ottos ignore them.

Cons:
If anything, the addition of artificial colors. (Do fish really care what color their food is?)
Malaysian Trump Snails really really like them. (This could be a pro depending on your opinion of MTS

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You're welcome!
I'm really happy I switched brands.

They are about the same size in diameter as the average algae wafer maybe a bit thinner.

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
You're welcome!
I'm really happy I switched brands.

They are about the same size in diameter as the average algae wafer maybe a bit thinner.
Do you know how do these veggie rounds compare to Hikari algae wafers? Trying to choose between the two for my SAEs when I get them.

kidster9700

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Do you know how do these veggie rounds compare to Hikari algae wafers? Trying to choose between the two for my SAEs when I get them.
Read the ingredients. I saved a coworker from hikari wafers the other day. They aren't the worst, but if you notice the first few things on omega one are seaweed and veggies etc. other wafers it's like "wheat" "fish meal" those aren't terrible, but not high quality.

kidster9700

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Noticed you posted the list on omega one, someone should post hikari's. I don't think I'm too far off (although I switched kelp for seaweed in the previous post). I will recommend omega one veggie rounds until i die. They are literally the best thing you can feed your bottom dwellers (plus a sinking pellet supplement maybe)

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Read the ingredients. I saved a coworker from hikari wafers the other day. They aren't the worst, but if you notice the first few things on omega one are seaweed and veggies etc. other wafers it's like "wheat" "fish meal" those aren't terrible, but not high quality.
Ah yes, I can see why. All the fillers that are included. It'd be like feeding my dog purina. Other reputable brands that make high quality algae wafers?

kidster9700

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Ah yes, I can see why. All the fillers that are included. It'd be like feeding my dog purina. Other reputable brands that make high quality algae wafers?
Off the top of my head, I can't remember. Personally I like tetra brand crisps/flakes but for some reason I can't remember if they make wafers????? Omega one also makes a sinking micro pellet that's the same as the veggie wafers btw.

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Everything looks good about this food on paper. Only gripe I have is, like every other algae wafer, they're too big for small algae eaters like Otos or SAEs.

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I did, they're still too big lol. I might need a hammer just to crush them small enough.

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Right, these 6 juvy SAEs are picking at crushed pieces of one veggie round lol

kidster9700

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
All my fish nibble on them, mostly as they sink down but they make a great supplement to my fishes normal diet of crisps, flakes, and bloodworms.

kidster9700

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Drop them in at the same time as whatever their favorite food is. So I usually drop in the veggie wafers then one or two bloodworms to catch the other fishes attention. (Then I add their normal food-flakes and crisps)

Bluestreakfl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
But I'm afraid of my royal danios always swooping in like hawks and eating everything before it even hits the substrate...
My Harlequin Rasboras do this too. Anytime sinking pellets go down, its like theyre playing tennis with them.

Regarding the Omega One Veggie Rounds, these are what my Albino BN Pleco gets between fresh veggies and 2 other types of sinking pellets. He loves them, drags them off to his cave and devours them. I love that the first 2 ingredients are Kelp and Spirulina. Too many other brands of Algae/Veggie type foods, I always see fish meal or wheat as the first two ingredients, really peeves me. I buy Veggie and Algae foods because I want them to be primarily that. Good Review Lucy!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom