Omega One Marine Flakes For Community Tank?

Sid1985

hI everyone,

I have a 42 gallon planted community tank (36x15x18 height)with 12 neons, 3 male guppies, 4 male sailfin mollies, 2 male platies, 2 male swordtails, 3 SAEs and 2 bristlenose plecos. also 3 nerite snails and several assassin snails(they r breeding like crazy, lol). I know I am heavily overstocked, but my tank is moderate to heavily planted and I have 3 aquaclear 50s on at the moment. tank is cycled too, but nitrates tend to remain above 20, but less than 40. I do 50% water changes weekly

I plan to change my fish foods from next month. I used to feed tetramin flakes, ocean nutrition brine shrimp flakes and ON spirulina flakes. my fish love them, especially the ON ones, but I'm thinking of gtting rid of these after reading fish food ratings on oscarfish.com. I wanted to know if I can feed marine flakes with garlic by omega one. it has spirulina and garlic which the freshwater flakes by omega one do not.

also, is this single flake food enough or should I add 2-3 more foods for variety? maybe some pellets? some ones that ive read with good reviews are Northfin community, NLS thera A small fish and Zoo med spirulina 20 flakes

please advise.. anything else I should do to improve my tank? sorry for the long message..

thanks in advance!

Thunder_o_b

Greetings and welcome to Fishlore

We use Omega One and have for a long time. We feed on this daily schedule:

1. Omega One.

2. Frozen brine shrimp.

3. Tetra color.

4. Frozen brine shrimp.

5. Omega One.

6. Frozen brine.

7. Blood worms. Sunday is the fish's favorite day of the week

We also feed algae wafers every day.

It is better for the fish to change food daily rather than monthly.

Look around this site. I have posted many photos of our fish. This will give you an idea of the effectiveness of the way I feed our fish.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies
Views
Demeter
Replies
Views
A201
Replies