Omega one betta buffet flakes?

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by shadow2, Apr 5, 2010.

1. s

shadow2 Valued Member Member

I just bought some and they are big, big flakes. Anyone have any tips on feeding these? Little Blue loves them but has trouble catching and swallowing them, and sometimes they start to sink. He sometimes can catch them when they sink but if he does not see them, I have to try and get them out of there.
    He is determined to eat them and swallows them even if they are bigger pieces. I do break them in half. Do I need to worry about him choking on them? Hope that is not a stupid question, new to the fish world here. He really loves them and they have great ingredients.

2. harpua2002

harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

Just crush the flakes to a size that is manageable for him and he should be fine. :)

3. OP
    OP
    s

That is a good idea, but doesn't that make a mess in the tank? My tank has finally cycled and my ammonia has been a little high, I finally got it down to zero so I am trying to be extra careful.

4. harpua2002

harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

It won't make a mess if you don't overfeed. I'm not suggesting you crush the flakes into powder, just small enough so he can easily eat them. :)

5. OP
    OP
    s

Sorry, yep that is what I thought u meant. Thanks! He sure loves them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice