Omega/Ivy spawn

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by critter_fritter79, Mar 16, 2010.

1. critter_fritter79

critter_fritter79Well Known MemberMember

This spwn turned out even better than I hoped. Omega is the green bf hm male I bought and Ivy is the green girl I got from MM. I had high hopes for them and they did AWESOME. No injuries during the spawn and he built a beautiful nest. After the spawn, he never left that nest...SUPER DAD! I knew this was a fairly large spawn, but I had no idea just how large! I was thinking around 100, but once I removed him yesterday, I noticed this huge balck cloud in the back of the tank...it was more fry! I think the number is close to 300 honestly! They are EVERYWHERE in that tank! Here are some pics of the fry in only 1 of the corners plus the proud parents!!

Attached Files:

2. bolivianbaby

bolivianbabyFishlore LegendMember

That is awesome! Congratulations! Mom and Dad are both gorgeous!

3. Furallicah

FurallicahWell Known MemberMember

Congrats Critter!

4. cajunfiberco

cajunfibercoWell Known MemberMember

Wow! How exciting!!

Tell me, has it been hard, fun, etc? I want to try breeding someday... What are you going to do with all the babies once they are grown out?

5. redlessi

redlessiWell Known MemberMember

Congrats, the parents are beautiful. What do you do with all of those babies?????

6. Red1313

Red1313Fishlore VIPMember

WooHoo Critter!

7. Deeps

DeepsValued MemberMember

Awesome...... and Congrats

8. OP
    OP
    critter_fritter79

Hopefully some of these fry will grow up to be in my show line up..some will be future breeders and some will be sold. It is very exciting to breed these awesome fish, but it is also a LOT of hard work. I probably spend 6-7 hours a day working on fishy things...water changes, cleaning cups and tanks, feeding, etc...

9. Red1313

Groan... don't remind me :p
    I'm looking forward to it but at the same time...
    :p
    rofl it'll be worth it to see the little darlings in the end i suppose :p

10. bassbonediva

bassbonedivaFishlore VIPMember

Wowsers! Congrats, critter! Omega is absolutely stunning!

11. Tigerfishy

TigerfishyWell Known MemberMember

Beautiful fish, and seeing all those teeny tiny fry makes me wonder how they grow so fast and so big!

I really look forward to seeing how these guys turn out, thanks so much for showing us them!

12. Aquarist

AquaristFishlore LegendMember

Yeah!!!!!!!!!! Congrats on the fry! Beautiful parents.
    Ken

13. OP
    OP
    critter_fritter79

Red it is ABSOLUTELY worht it! It may be a lot of hard work, but I love every minute of it! My fiance laughs at me all the time. He says he can never figure out how I can be dripping sweat and smiling at the same time!!!:;rocker

14. Red1313

Hehehe
    Labor of love :p

15. hooxeii

hooxeiiWell Known MemberMember

Glad to hear the spawn went well :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice