Oldie Newbie says hello

Discussion in 'Welcome to FishLore' started by carolo43, Nov 26, 2012.

1. carolo43

carolo43Valued MemberMember

Actually I joined here some time ago but never had much time to post because I was a Moderator on another forum that took all my time. 6 years + 2 months of my time to be exact. :(:(
    The bot spammers finally drove me out and we all need to make changes now in then to keep life interesting.

This is a nice forum, well maintained and clean. Apparently you have some Mods that are on top of things and that's nice to see.

I moved to MI from FL in 2003 and started out like many of you. Got a tank that was too small, knew nothing about fish or cycling but had about one week to learn it all before I killed everything so hit the net and read until I was blue in the face. Within the first month of keeping fish, I had bought 3 more tanks and learned about cycling. I can't imagine being without a tank now but I'm restricted on tank size due to living in an apartment so 55's are the largest I've had.....3 of them, plus a 29 now going. A 10 gallon with some shrimp in it and a 5 gallon shoved under my bed.
    :eek::eek:

2. Gordinian

GordinianWell Known MemberMember

Well welcome to fishlore carolo!

I think the MTS hit you harder than anybody I know, congradulations! lol

I love fishlore, it's my happy place! Hopefully you'll like it too :)

3. OP
    OP
    carolo43

Thank You. I like it already but it will take me time to find my way around.

4. chevyguy8893Well Known MemberMember

Welcome! I'm sure someone will point this out, but pictures are mandatory when you join :D, well not really, but they are welcome. It sounds like you built up you aquarium collection really quickly :eek:.

I think I started out pretty much the same way, but only a misinformed stocking of a 10 gallon :(. That quickly turned into a complete second tank for free from a friend to give the fish more space. All the while I just kept reading, and reading, and reading some more, and I'm still reading lol. Third tank appeared soon after, and now I'm running a high light 20 gallon successfully. Somehow I picked up a lot in the short time I have been doing this, and didn't even realize it. I owe a lot of the knowledge I gained to the people on here, so you are correct in saying this is a nice forum :).

5. OP
    OP
    carolo43

Oh Oh. Guess I'd better figure out what I'm doing so I can get those pictures posted. LOL

6. Gordinian

GordinianWell Known MemberMember

Oooo, yes, I forgot to mention pictures. Snap away!

7. ryanr

ryanrModeratorModerator Member

8. OP
    OP
    carolo43

Thanks all. I will try to behave myself.:)

9. AlexAlexWell Known MemberMember

Welcome to Fishlore, Carolo!

I'm glad you decided to resurface here! I hope you find all the information you need (or get it by answers).

I do agree that this forum is very organized and THE best!

Alex :)

10. Disc61

Disc61Well Known MemberMember

Hi Carolo, welcome to Fishlore, i normally warn newbies of MTS, but, well looks like it bit you a while ago. glad to have you with us.

11. Magoo

MagooFishlore VIPMember

Welcome Carolo :) I'm sure you will love the forum I know I do :) and yes we do like pictures lots and lots of pictures :D lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice