Oldest Fish

How old is the oldest fish you have.

• Total voters

leafgirl115

Valued Member
Reaction score
My oldes fish was 3 years old. He was in a 1g tank That was befor i new about how to care for fish and what they need. But i have now had my 20g for 4 months and im still doing great! A little over populated but o well

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I got all of my fish at once when they were still small and growing. Had them for approx. 2 years. So I suppose all of my fish are anywhere between 2 - 2.5 years of age.

kerryve

Valued Member
Reaction score
Well not me, but he was mine when i stayed with my mom and dad. My dad has him now but hes a 10year old Pleco, soon to be 11, i got him as a child and hes in a 700g cemented tank in their house, its really nice. Hes just over a foot long, and is thourougly spoilt!

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
My oldest fish right now is Marty and he is 8 1/2 months old now. He is the oldest Betta I have and I may have an older Otocinclus catfish but I do not remember quite when I got Tuck but he is very nearly as old or older, perhaps 9 months old. I have only been keeping fish for 13 months though.

Rose

Gozer_1

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Bill the Tinfoil Barb is almost 4 yrs old. His 2 friends passed a couple years ago. He now has 3 friends who are much smaller than him...............for now.

Shaina

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Like 4 month old? Be advised I just rehomed all my fish a month ago and got the tetras I have now. I'm assuming they were only 3 months old when I got them...they look pretty young.

Oldest fish ever: a Pseudotropheus socolofi (Powder Blue) cichlid, who was 5 when I sold him back to the LFS since I had to tear down my tank.

becker42

Reaction score
i have a three yr old red tailed black shark and shes strong enough to survive in a tank with 4 oscars ranging for 5 inches to 9 inches....shes about 3 1/2 to 4 inches...

Allie

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Our blue hap pair are around 2 years old almost. All my angels are over a year old and the fancy plecos too.

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
i have a three yr old red tailed black shark and shes strong enough to survive in a tank with 4 oscars ranging for 5 inches to 9 inches....shes about 3 1/2 to 4 inches...
holy cow she is strong!! how bigs your tank??

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom