oldest current hatch 4th week Important

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by broncosno1, Mar 19, 2010.

1. b

broncosno1 New Member Member

ok ok ok ok ok deeeeeeeeep breath. OZZY's spawn is still alive in the 4th week and i'm go on a whim a guess which i hope i'm right.....but i'm nervous. up until the past two days i was loing a fry or 2 a day. the past 2 days ive lost about 15 maybe 20 fry. the rest seem to be healthy eating swimming. water temp ph air flow air temp are all in line. i know from what i read i'm supposed to expect losses. but my spawn has went from im guess 200 since hatch to about 150-175? now. im really nervous here. the only thing i can think of since the tank is cleaner than clean is the organs and such dont develop in a few fry. i hope im just freaking!!!!!! for no reason!!!!! i really hate to lose my babies. ESPECIALLY my favorite and most pretty (OZZY!) fish's babies.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  2. Furallicah

Furallicah Well Known Member Member

Aww I'm sorry to hear. I'm not really knowledgeable in Betta Breeding so I cant say a lot. Hopefully someone else with experience will post in a short while.

3. Martinismommy

Martinismommy Fishlore VIP Member

What are you feeding them? 150 is a LOT of Bettas....Better get the jars ready....

4. OP
    OP
    b

broncosno1 New Member Member

blah

first bites for egg layers. im thinking they are rdy to move up now. they are 3x the size they were when they were born. i did a 50% water change dieoff seems to have subsided. im forever vigilant in cleaning the tank and keeping the variables in check. my guess is nature said a few just werent gonna make it. i dont use jars i use the little aquariums 2 1/2 gallons. they can be partitioned 3 times. plus i have a 30 gallon growout. i hate losing babies :-(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice