Old School In Az

BettaDollar

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello from too sunny AZ :emoji_cactus::emoji_camel::emoji_dragon:
I'm new to the forum but not to fish keeping.
I've been addicted for years and can't imagine I'll ever kick the habit.
I've bred betta's, angel fish, platys and other fish too but have no interest in breeding any longer.
I recently considered giving up fish keeping because I get so attached to my fish and I was feeling bad about keeping them captive.
Figured I'd miss them too much if I gave them up and would probably worry about them all the time if I did.
So...
Looking forward to getting to know fellow members, learning and helping when I can.
Sincerely, BD

BettaDollar

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks LDan, it's a great site & I'm glad I stumbled on it.

Hello WTFish?
It's a great site - very active forums and really interesting ones too.
Ready for some cooler weather? Can I ask what part of AZ are you in?

WTFish?

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello WTFish?
It's a great site - very active forums and really interesting ones too.
Ready for some cooler weather? Can I ask what part of AZ are you in?
Hi I’m in Pinetop, already getting cooler, woke up to 41* this morning!!! Love it. And you?

BettaDollar

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi I’m in Pinetop, already getting cooler, woke up to 41* this morning!!! Love it. And you?
PINETOP!?!
Lucky you - you don't have to worry about getting into heaven... you're already there!
My wife & I & 4 shelter dogs live in a retirement community in the northwest part of the valley. Sun City. (Known as "Gods waiting room") (I think because of the terrible drivers!)
It dropped to 70 early this morning. It's 11am & 102 now.
Fall's commin'. It's just taking it's sweet ol' time getting here. :emoji_yin_yang:

WTFish?

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
PINETOP!?!
Lucky you - you don't have to worry about getting into heaven... you're already there!
My wife & I & 4 shelter dogs live in a retirement community in the northwest part of the valley. Sun City. (Known as "Gods waiting room") (I think because of the terrible drivers!)
Fall's commin'. It's just taking it's sweet ol' time getting here. :emoji_yin_yang:
The weather is great but the lack of good food and activities gets old. Lol. We vow to never go to the valley except in the winter (my son lives in Buckeye) I know where Sun city is, cool. A lot of our winter crowds (the snowbirds) are heading back down to you now! You’re right...horrible drivers! Haha. 102!!! No thank you!!
@Momgoose56 is from Tucson area I believe. I know there’s more but I can’t recall...

BettaDollar

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The weather is great but the lack of good food and activities gets old. Lol. We vow to never go to the valley except in the winter (my son lives in Buckeye) I know where Sun city is, cool. A lot of our winter crowds (the snowbirds) are heading back down to you now! You’re right...horrible drivers! Haha. 102!!! No thank you!!
@Momgoose56 is from Tucson area I believe. I know there’s more but I can’t recall...
Yep. Snowbirds are flocking back. Lack of good food? No burger kings? I'd leave.
You like angel fish? Want some? Gotta friend that breeds them & probably would like to relocate one or more. Let me know - next time you visit your son we could hook up somewhere & get them to you.
Great talking with ya. Ciao, BD

Momgoose56

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
96.3° here in far NE Tucson at 11:20. Got down to 63° last night- fall is slowly falling!

WTFish?

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yep. Snowbirds are flocking back. Lack of good food? No burger kings? I'd leave.
You like angel fish? Want some? Gotta friend that breeds them & probably would like to relocate one or more. Let me know - next time you visit your son we could hook up somewhere & get them to you.
Great talking with ya. Ciao, BD
We do have Burger King. Lol. I want seafood! And thanks, but no room for more fishies, I appreciate it though!!

BettaDollar

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The shorter days makes a big difference.
I can smell fall in the air every morning now and I get a I get a terrible hankering for blueberry pancakes.
We came here from New England in 2004 and fall is flannel shirts and pancake time back there. :emoji_pancakes::emoji_fork_and_knife:

Momgoose56

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I can smell fall in the air every morning now and I get a I get a terrible hankering for blueberry pancakes.
We came here from New England in 2004 and fall is flannel shirts and pancake time back there. :emoji_pancakes::emoji_fork_and_knife:
Maple Syrup! I just like the plain old buttermilk pancakes meself-- and crispy maple smoked thick cut bacon...

WTFish?

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
And here I am wishing I could move to New England lol. Mmmm pancakes!

BettaDollar

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
And here I am wishing I could move to New England lol. Mmmm pancakes!
Seriously? If you are... got a particular place you'd like to go to?
You got me thinkin' about seafood now & I'm drooling like a fool!

BettaDollar

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Maple Syrup! I just like the plain old buttermilk pancakes meself-- and crispy maple smoked thick cut bacon...
You sound like you may have been there. Yes?
I've been to a couple maple syrup farms and I tell ya - there's no finer aroma. (Imagine if I worked at 1 I'd feel different).
We're trying to grow hi-bush blueberry's & it's starting to look like it's been a fools folly.
You put blueberry's in your pancakes?

Mongo75

Valued Member
Reaction score
PINETOP!?!
Beautiful country there. I was coming out of New Mexico on US 60 through your neck of the woods, then on down to Scottsdale and Phoenix, and really enjoyed the scenery.

96.3° here in far NE Tucson at 11:20. Got down to 63° last night- fall is slowly falling!
It's 97° now, 3PM, and last nights low was 60°. Yep, fall's just around the corner

When I was a kid growing up in Mississippi, we used to pick the wild blackberries and grandma would make blackberry syrup for our buttermilk pancakes, and preserves for our biscuits and PB&J. Ah, memories

And here, we call them Ski-idjits, not Snowbirds. A nonstop caravan heading from L.A. to Mammoth on Fridays and returning on Sundays. And every one got their driver license from a Cracker Jack box.

BettaDollar

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Mmmm! Wild blackberries - the best!!!
Preserves, syrup, jelly? Your Grandma was a good woman!
In the Fall in Maine you'll see drunken bears in culverts & ditches eating fermenting berries. They're a riot to watch!
Ski-idgits? What? they ski in Mississippi?
Great chattin' with ya Momgoose

Mongo75

Valued Member
Reaction score
Mmmm! Wild blackberries - the best!!!
Preserves, syrup, jelly? Your Grandma was a good woman!
In the Fall in Maine you'll see drunken bears in culverts & ditches eating fermenting berries. They're a riot to watch!
Ski-idgits? What? they ski in Mississippi?
Great chattin' with ya Momgoose
No, no, no, lol. Mississippi was when I was a kid. That was some 50 or so years ago. Now I'm in the Mojave Desert, about an hour north of downtown Los Angeles, and all the Ski-idjits (ski idiots) from the coastal side of the mountains flock to Mammoth Lakes ski resorts, and it looks like a caravan of non-stop skis on top of cars, or ski mobiles in tow, or both. It's a nightmare for those of us that have to drive in that garbage, just to get home in the evening:banghead:

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom