Old School Heaters!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissRuthless

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I'm looking for the old style heaters, the glass tube that vise-grips onto the edge of the tank, with the knob on top and all the coils and circuitry visible inside the tube. I don't believe these are made anymore, but I have a few by penn-plax that have been going strong since the early 90s - they are the only heaters that will actually go up to 86 degrees or higher IME, and the only ones that never stop working or randomly drop the temp and need to be adjusted. The one I use for my 55g (don't know the wattage but it's huge) suddenly has water inside it, and while it still works it makes me nervous. I don't want to go out and spend a bunch of money on a new heater that I'll end up not liking for one reason or another, or that will die in six months. I've been lucky enough to have come across three of these heaters via purchasing secondhand tanks, and so I thought I'd ask here and see if maybe someone who's been in the hobby for a long time has one or a few they no longer use and would like to get rid of. If that's you, please let me know what you have and what you'd like to get for it - or if you know someone who might want to make a deal with me, please tag them! Thanks everyone

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Please remember that the BST forum is not part of the discussion forums, if you do not have what the Op is looking for then please refrain from posting.

Dave125g

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
This is what I use it can get up to 93 degrees . I've been using it for over 2 years, and I can still turn up the heat to fight ich if needs be.
4ccf05bf2bc7fc6a13d7d3e2a42ad2d4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom