Old saguaro ribs in aquarium??

Harry12012

I found a nice pice of old cactus and was wondering if it would be safe to put it in my aquarium.
Anybody know?

AggressiveAquatics

Should be fine just boil it to make sure it sinks because it can be pretty dense. I’ve always wondered if I could do this but I’m yet to find a piece of saguaro rib

Harry12012

AggressiveAquatics said:
Should be fine just boil it to make sure it sinks because it can be pretty dense. I’ve always wondered if I could do this but I’m yet to find a price of saguaro rib
How in the world am I supposed to boil it, it’s like 3ft long

tapwater

Harry12012 said:
How in the world am I supposed to boil it, it’s like 3ft long
I've read that with large pieces of drift wood you can just repeatedly pour the boiled water onto it, so that's one option. I'm not very experienced with large pieces of drift wood though.
I think you could also probably pressure wash it? With no soap of course. Or just put it in your bathtub with hot water and pour the boiling water over it then.

Harry12012

tapwater said:
I've read that with large pieces of drift wood you can just repeatedly pour the boiled water onto it, so that's one option. I'm not very experienced with large pieces of drift wood though
Hmm alright thanks, will have to research on that

tapwater

Harry12012 said:
Hmm alright thanks, will have to research on that
No problem. Also I edited my message before I saw you replied, so hopefully you saw the additional stuff I wrote on there too.
Good luck on your research!

Latest threads

Top Bottom