Old man Alfredo :( - Page 2

OiFisho

I have a 4 year old betta who isn't doing too well now, and I'm thinking of replacements. I don't care if you don't like that I replace fish, they're fish not dogs. If you personally don't replace fish you do you, I'm just saying they're fish. So, Alfredo(the betta) hasn't been doing much or eating a lot lately, he seems very lazy and only wakes up for about 2 seconds when I turn on their bubbles. I think he's just an old fishy and might die soon, which is sad. I have 3 African dwarf frogs in that tank, along with some platys, guppies, corydoras, and mystery snails. I want a gourami, specifically a croaking gourami with it, but I don't know if that'll work. If not tell me some other cool labyrinth fish if you can please!

Fyi, I'm not ruling out all other gouramis, just wanna know if a croaking gourami will work

OiFisho

Ok, even if this is a dead thread, Imma still post here. Today I got a dwarf gourami and it's getting along well with the fish and frogs! So far he's shown no aggression, and is more social than I expected. I named him Julio, and he hangs down by the schoolyard of platys! He tends to stay away from the big mickeymouse platys because they're bigger and I think they scare him. When he's not around the sunset platys he's behind the heater or nibbling at plants. The frogs have bumped into him which didn't seem to bother him so I think I'll be fine. For now at least, Julio just a baby, the man ADF is almost the same size as him! I gotta say, Julio is pretty coolio!

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
GuppyGal7
Replies
Views
ashenwelt
  • Question
Replies
Views
Bettatakeover