Old magnum wheel cartridge.

steed1172

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
well i have an old magnum wheel cartridge, it looks new except for a few dirt spots, but thats to be expected being sitting in the basement for years and years and years..(parents had fish tank before they had ANY kids, im the third)

so my question is... is there anything i could use it for?
first i was thinking attach it to my AC and make a biowheel out of it, but i don't have anything to make it spin easy(it wouldn't even spin under the sink all the way on) so i either need to find something to help it spin.
OR, do it LOOKS like it would fit into a water bottle, cut off the bottom, put in seal it cut a hole in side, and hook to canister output, wondering if that would be anyhelp...
hoping the water will take flow of picView attachment idea.bmp

EDIT: any other/better idea and help would be MUCH APPRECIATED!
oh and moved thread =D(i feel accomplished)

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello Steed,

You might consider just hiding it in your tank some where for additional surface area for beneficial bacteria .

If it's like a micron cartridge, see link below:

then I suggest soaking it in a bleach/water solution, 1 part bleach to 19 parts water, let it soak over night. Dump the bleach water, add fresh and then add your chemical of choice to remove chlorine. Let it soak a while then rinse and let it air dry completely. It should be nice and clean and ready for your tank, whatever you decide to to with it.

I have a cartridge like this in my Magnum HOT filter and I do the procedure above when it comes to cleaning it.

Hold for more responses.

Ken

steed1172

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
yup that's it... oooo do you think i could use it as a prefilter for my AC500, or you you think it would constrict the flow too much?

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Steed it wouldn't hurt to try it. If it is a micron cartridge it may clog easily would be my only concern.

Ken

steed1172

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
well, i guess il get it cleaned up tomorrow and try some things out, let you know how it goes!

EDIT: will have to find some way of holding it there, its too wide for the input tube lol*

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads