20 Gallon Tank Old BR Parrott seems fine, now.

Redviper

I've been trying to think of an elegant way to ask what I think is a silly question so bear with me.

I was released from ICU about 3-weeks ago after a week and a half stay. The reason for my admittance didn't allow me to address important issues before leaving home. The first thing I noticed on my return was my oldest, largest fish had a growth on his head. It looked like a small piece of cauliflower. It started to pop up other places about his head. When I initially removed him from the tank he had a powerful, permeating smell. I've smelled some weird things in my nearly 64-years and this was truly surprising.

Long story short: I decided to treat him as if his issue was HLLE, with Metroplex. I've never done anything like this before. After about 3-weeks of isolation I placed him back in my show tank last night. To my sheer amazement he seems to be fine, no growths, swimming, eating and reacting when I come close to the tank.

As may be obvious I'm VERY pleased by this turn of events. What I'd like to know as a new fish EMT is what I can do to improve Mickey's life and chances from this point? I've increased filtration complexity, WC volume\frequency and I'm getting into food quality/variety.

PlantedCommunityTank132

does He still have any spots left?

Redviper

PlantedCommunityTank132

ok. I guess he's healthy again.

Redviper

ok. I guess he's healthy again.
I hope so, but I'm ready to try and fix him again if I have to.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Momgoose56
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies
Views
Zartic
Replies
Views