Old betta at age peak need care tips.

Bruhineedhelp

A few years ago I got my first ever fish (a betta fish) from a chain store. It turned 3 today and for the past few weeks he's been struggling toof swim and he's fins are turning grey. He's also resting a lot more in high places. I want him to enjoy the last few moments of his life, can you please help me do that.

Noroomforshoe

Keep the temperature stable at 80 degrees or so, Off some live foods like daphnia or worms. If you cant find live do frozen daphnia or blood worms.
It might help him to relax if you keep the tank lights dim or off.

Bruhineedhelp

Keep the temperature stable at 80 degrees or so, Off some live foods like daphnia or worms. If you cant find live do frozen daphnia or blood worms.
It might help him to relax if you keep the tank lights dim or off.
Thank you for the advice I will keep the temp at 80 degrees and keep the light off.

bcsay720

Definitely have a lot of spots for him to sit at the top of his tank. Turning old and resting doesn't always mean they're on their way out, though. My oldest betta lived to be almost 5, and he was at the resting and gray stage for 7 months before he finally passed.

Other symptoms you might see are cataracts (these happen very fast in fish, as opposed to humans or dogs). If that happens, make sure to feed him in the same spot every day and to avoid rearranging his decor.

Good luck to you and your boy!

Rose of Sharon

If he has trouble swimming to the top of the tank for air, you could also lower the level of your tank water. When my guy was going through the end, he did have some difficulty, and lowering the water helped, along with having places for him to lay at the top of the tank.

Hope he stays with you a while longer!!!

BigManAquatics

You will know when it is time. But yeah, they do tend to start slowing down and getting more grey. All good suggestions above to help keep him comfy :)

Bruhineedhelp

Definitely have a lot of spots for him to sit at the top of his tank. Turning old and resting doesn't always mean they're on their way out, though. My oldest betta lived to be almost 5, and he was at the resting and gray stage for 7 months before he finally passed.

Other symptoms you might see are cataracts (these happen very fast in fish, as opposed to humans or dogs). If that happens, make sure to feed him in the same spot every day and to avoid rearranging his decor.

Good luck to you and your boy!
OK thanks I will move my suction cup leaves higher up

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
philly27
Replies
Views
plantgirl04
  • Question
Replies