okay... I'm insane

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by Shine, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Shine

ShineWell Known MemberMember

Another betta! ... and there was another I wanted to rescue from his little cup at the same time... I resisted somehow. Not quite sure why; but here's betta #2

any name ideas? I have a few kicking around but none have quite stuck with me yet. I tend to like japanese or native/first nations style names. (my first boy is finally named; only took me 2 weeks 'Windago')

He's a little firecracker... was even flaring at me in his cup! I think I've seen Windago flare once now--when I showed him the new boy. But this fellow spends hours flaring at his reflection... and trying to attack it! :;saber

Attached Files:

2. bassbonediva

bassbonedivaFishlore VIPMember

He's a handsome boy! Hrm...someone posted some awesome Japanese names earlier in another naming thread, but I can't remember which thread. I think one of the names was Ryu, though, which means Dragon in Japanese (I'm pretty sure that's the one). Since he's so fiesty and his colors are dragon-esque, I think Ryu would be a cool name.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  3. OP
    OP
    Shine

Yeah I saw those... even liked a couple, but most were geared towards blue/purple....

4. GoGreenWell Known MemberMember

He's a good looking boy, your new betta is! Sorry I don't know any names for you, I remember reading that thread with all the Japanese names in it, just don't remember where it was...

5. Red1313

Red1313Fishlore VIPMember

What a gorgeous boy :D

6. GoGreenWell Known MemberMember

Me again! I just found the thread! Look under:[names] I can't just keep calling him 'the fish'
    There are some good ones in there you might like.

7. midthought

midthoughtWell Known MemberMember

Ahaha, that was me in this thread, and here I thought nobody read them! I will put together some more red-oriented names. :)

8. Steve420Valued MemberMember

although it goes against the naming style you are going for, but IMHO you've already named him....call him Firecracker

Personally, I'd call him Cheetoh....(I always wanted an orange cat so I could call him Cheetoh)

9. OP
    OP
    Shine

lol! I might just do that if nothing else strikes my fancy ;)

10. midthought

midthoughtWell Known MemberMember

These aren't in much of an order, so sorry about that. Also a couple of them might be girl names (like Hotaru) but the meaning of them is rather gender-ambiguous so I left them in...

Asahi (morning sun)
    Asahikage (morning sunlight)
    Aki (bright, autumn, or sparkle, depending on the kanji used)
    Aya (color)
    Hizashi (sunlight, sun rays)
    Haruki (radiant)
    Hayate (quick/smooth)
    Hoshi (star)
    Koyo (autumn leaves)
    Natsumi (summer)
    Kaji (literally means housefire)
    Hotaru (firefly/lightning bug)
    Raiden (thunder and lightning)
    Raika (flash of lightning, fire started by lightning)
    Hino (of the fire)
    Inazuma, Inabikari (both mean flash of lightning)
    Hikari (light)
    Aka (red)
    Akanesasusora (glowing sky, I would probably shorten to Akane, which is a proper name anyway)
    Akane (deep red)
    Ansekishoku (dark red, I would probably shorten to Anseki)
    Akachan (means "baby" but also means "Red-chan" as in "little Red" as if Red were the person's name...it's a pun!)
    Ichibu (literally means "one part" and usually means 1% or 1/100, but can also mean "one tenth of a sun")
    In'you (pronounced in-you and not i-nyou), means dual forces, as in yin/yang, sun/moon)
    Kikoutei (sun)
    Ohisama (sun)
    Nishibi (setting sun)
    Shayou (setting sun)
    Yuuhi (evening sun, setting sun)
    Kouka (crimson-tinted clouds at sunset)
    Shinkou (deep crimson)
    Akira (can mean "bright", but also means tomorrow)

"Hi" (pronounced like a short "heeh") is the actual word for fire and kind of boring (imo) so that's why I didn't include it above.

11. bolivianbaby

bolivianbabyFishlore LegendMember

Congratulations! He's beautiful! Bettas are addicting, for sure.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice