Ok, whose laying eggs on the tank walls?

1. LyndaB Fishlore Legend Member

I was really surprised to see the community tank walls speckled with lots of little eggs this morning. They are laid like cory eggs would be, individually. They are about cory egg size, yet I have no corys in this tank.

Could any of the species in this tank be laying eggs like this? I'm so confused. :confused:

This is what's in the tank:

WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, flame gourami

Will try to get a photo when I get home, I was running out the door when I saw them this morning.

2. RogueAgent94 Fishlore Legend Member

;D Someone has Kuhli Loaches that are happy!

3. LyndaB Fishlore Legend Member

no waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy......

That would be the ultimate in coolness....... do you really think so? Don't tease me like this..... :eek:

4. RogueAgent94 Fishlore Legend Member

Yep! It's the Kuhlis, unless you have Otos in the tank. Even if I hadn't bred them before I could easily deduce the eggs belonged to the Kuhlis because your snails lay egg clutches, Amano shrimp don't breed in freshwater, ghost/bamboo shrimp carry their eggs, tetras are egg scatterers, WCMM are egg scatterers, and the gourami is a bubble nester. So the only possibility is the Kuhli.

5. LyndaB Fishlore Legend Member

If I could be a kuhli baby grandma, I would've achieved my ultimate goal in life and could die in my sleep peacefully and with no regrets....... :;hp

6. RogueAgent94 Fishlore Legend Member

Hahaha. Are you going to try and save a few eggs?

7. LyndaB Fishlore Legend Member

I'm going to take the same stance I always do. I let nature take its course. That way, I don't get inundated by fry of any kind and I don't get stressed out by the whole "OMG, what do I do!!!" thing when you see that you have eggs.

8. RogueAgent94 Fishlore Legend Member

Well I hope a few survive.

9. LyndaB Fishlore Legend Member

Me, too....... I'll find out when I get home. ;)

Thanks for your thoughts.

10. matt6765 Well Known Member Member

Wow! I hope a few make it. Keep us updated!

11. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

wow awesome!!

If you find you have too many I am sure I can take a drive down lol Im always looking for more.

12. LyndaB Fishlore Legend Member

Some sneaky pete went around the tank walls over the weekend and pretty much cleaned everything off..... I'm thinking it was that piggy gourami of mine. :rolleyes: