ok well i need help

dan da man3042

Reaction score
hello again
I hav heard that boff keeps boesmanI so here is one for u or any one else that wants to help me out.
I hav 2 boesmanI and they are quite fine. the last week I hav noticed tat they are swimming really tight around in circles around each other. after lots and lots of research I found out that it could be breeding and that's what it appears to b because they aint aggressive against eachother(well that's what it appears). so I moved them to there owntank with java moss in the bottom. so far no eggs. but they are still spinning aroung each other particually in the morning. all the water is rite and I feed them flake, bloodworms and brine shrimp.
what can I do to get them to drop some eggs. hav u had any eggs yet?what else can I do. they keep spinning but no eggs are found, what do the eggs lookm like/?
thanx dan : : : ;D ;D

boff

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
HI Dan 2 of my boesmanI are doing the same as yours ,they have been doing it for months now so I don't know how long it will take ,but I don't have any java moss or a mop in the tank so maybe they would have done it by now .I don't want them to breed at the moment because I don't have another tank for them . It looks like you are doing the all right things for them .They do like a lot of live food when they are trying to spawn and also give them some veggies as well.

I have a picture of some rainbow eggs,it didnt say what type laid them but there is proberley not much difference .
Check out this site its got loads of good advice about breeding,egg laying and looking after the eggs which is raely important to get a good hatch rate ,so good luck and let me now it goes .Boff

OP
D

dan da man3042

Reaction score
thankyou for replying
does anyone else have some ideas. they are not laying any eggs but doing breeding behavior. how long, wat veggies, how much veggie food
thanx again dan

boff

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Well I put courgette in every couple of days for my sailfin pleco,but all my rainbows eat it as well .Have a look at its a excellent forum just for rainbows they can give you some good advice .boff.

New Threads