Ok, so, what is this?

Discussion in 'Misc. Photos' started by Thunder_o_b, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Thunder_o_b

Thunder_o_b Fishlore VIP Member

Remember, things are not always what they seem…..Hey, I'm a trucker….We are all a bit of a wise guy :D

Anyway I hope you like the shot.

[​IMG]

2. klogue2

klogue2 Valued Member Member

Reminds me of the inside of a flower, where those little stems are... I forget the name... I think they're used for pollen?

3. OP
    OP
    Thunder_o_b

WOW! That was fast! You know flowers. This is a high mag shot of the reproductive organs of a very small flower, a ground violet. Shot at 5:1 with a Canon MP-E65 lens. That translates into around 100 to one mag.

4. klogue2

klogue2 Valued Member Member

Haha thanks! I'm pretty good at science, specifically biology. First guess would have been some sort of anemone but the blue and white part of the flower didn't really match any anemone I know of.

5. Tigress Hill

Tigress Hill Well Known Member Member

I would have said anemone;)

6. OP
    OP
    Thunder_o_b

Yeah, most people think it is some sort of anemone. Here is another high mag shot. It was made with a stack of around 40 or so shots. Most people think it is an underwater scene. The more I think about it, that first shot was taken with a 10:1 microscope objective lens mounted to the 50D's body. This shot was taken with a 1.5 telex mounted to the MP-E65 on the 50D for a mag of 7:1

[​IMG]

This one was with the microscope objective. made with somewhere around 80 photographs.
    [​IMG]

7. OP
    OP
    Thunder_o_b

:D

8. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Marvelous shots! Do you have any pics of your fish tanks? Bet their great!
    Carol

9. pirahnah3

pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

great micro and macro work.

10. OP
    OP
    Thunder_o_b

Thank you Carol:D I have some older shots (somewhere) I'll take some this weekend and post them.
    Thank you pirahnah :D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2012
  11. RogueAgent94

RogueAgent94 Fishlore VIP Member

Great pictures. The second set of pictures, I think it's either an Orchid or an Iris. Not sure which...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice