Ok, so, what is this?

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Remember, things are not always what they seem…..Hey, I'm a trucker….We are all a bit of a wise guy

Anyway I hope you like the shot.

klogue2

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Reminds me of the inside of a flower, where those little stems are... I forget the name... I think they're used for pollen?

OP
Thunder_o_b

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
klogue2 said:
Reminds me of the inside of a flower, where those little stems are... I forget the name... I think they're used for pollen?
WOW! That was fast! You know flowers. This is a high mag shot of the reproductive organs of a very small flower, a ground violet. Shot at 5:1 with a Canon MP-E65 lens. That translates into around 100 to one mag.

klogue2

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Haha thanks! I'm pretty good at science, specifically biology. First guess would have been some sort of anemone but the blue and white part of the flower didn't really match any anemone I know of.

OP
Thunder_o_b

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
klogue2 said:
Haha thanks! I'm pretty good at science, specifically biology. First guess would have been some sort of anemone but the blue and white part of the flower didn't really match any anemone I know of.
Yeah, most people think it is some sort of anemone. Here is another high mag shot. It was made with a stack of around 40 or so shots. Most people think it is an underwater scene. The more I think about it, that first shot was taken with a 10:1 microscope objective lens mounted to the 50D's body. This shot was taken with a 1.5 telex mounted to the MP-E65 on the 50D for a mag of 7:1

This one was with the microscope objective. made with somewhere around 80 photographs.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Marvelous shots! Do you have any pics of your fish tanks? Bet their great!
Carol

OP
Thunder_o_b

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Butterfly said:
Marvelous shots! Do you have any pics of your fish tanks? Bet their great! Carol
Thank you Carol I have some older shots (somewhere) I'll take some this weekend and post them.
pirahnah3 said:
great micro and macro work.
Thank you pirahnah

RogueAgent94

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Great pictures. The second set of pictures, I think it's either an Orchid or an Iris. Not sure which...

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom