OK, now I really have no self control!

genie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I did a Wal-Mart rescue today. She was the last female betta and she is a crown tail. Her color is faded and she has a touch of fin rot. SIGH, I couldn't bear the thought of some 6 year old getting her and killing her right off the bat. So now she is in the critter carrier that Lila was in. Lila is now with Spike. I am going to try to treat her without meds because it isn't that bad. I am using a little aquarium salt and some stress coat. She eats well so I am not worried yet. I think she should perk up soon.

genie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Oh, and my husband thinks I am nuts for buying a sick fish! :

Jendayi

Valued Member
Reaction score
I was in Petco over the weekend and aaaaaaaalllllllmost came home with a veil tail boy with pretty bad fin and tail rot. My boyfriend said the same thing - why would you want to bring home a fish you KNOW is sick?! But I felt so bad for him. Either someone will buy him who doesn't know any better and he will get no treatment. Or he will get no treatment and die in his cup.

Dang, maybe I'll go back and look for him tomorrow now that I'm thinking about him again...

I'm right there with ya! lol That's a lucky little girl you got there, I hope she does well.

genie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Me too! She needs a name though.

voiceless_kat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Oh Genie.........I am very proud of you and your case of MTS LOL . She is a lucky, lucky girl...and my husband thought the same thing when I bought Storm, but now he is with me and understands............Yay!!! One betta at a time............we can change the world...yay!!! LOLOLOLOL ;D ;D
Val

genie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
yeah, I just couldn't resist. I now have 4 bettas, I am sure the MTS will get worse.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Great job! I applaud rescuing sick bettas - we know most people will just look them over and the pet store staff will more likely shove them to the back out of sight to die than treat them. We'll be back in the rescue betta biz again after some new otos go thru quarantine, now that we replaced the old hospital tank that had a potential fish tb betta that we tried to rescue in it.

Fishface

Valued Member
Reaction score
man, I relate to that.

I'm going to be an old cat AND betta lady one day.

it's all so addictive!

voiceless_kat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Fishface said:
man, I relate to that.

I'm going to be an old cat AND betta lady one day.

it's all so addictive!
I hear you Fishface...I have a friend who says you aren't really a crazy cat lady until you have 9 cats...........nothing said about fish. I have 4 cats,.......(2 fish)......I am well on the way...and looking forward to the ride!!! LOL Val

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom