Ok I am tired of livebearers!

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Gouramiguy17, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Gouramiguy17

Gouramiguy17Well Known MemberMember

Ok, well I have offically became tired of livebearers! I think I am going to go to one of my lfs and trade in my livebearers. I am hoping that I can get a larger fish that has some personality. Is there anything that would be good with a featherfin cat, a couple swordtails, 3 bn plecos, a pair of kribs, and plants( they could go and so could the swordtails).

2. OP
    OP
    Gouramiguy17

And I would also want to keep a pair of larger gouramis

3. OP
    OP
    Gouramiguy17

Any suggestions?

4. critter_fritter79

critter_fritter79Well Known MemberMember

What kind of livebearers are you thinking of getting rid of?

5. OP
    OP
    Gouramiguy17

6. critter_fritter79

Ah! I had a 20gallon I was breeding guppies in but had a heater malfunction in one of my other tanks. I had to put an adult angelfish in there...no more baby guppies!

7. OP
    OP
    Gouramiguy17

I don't really want any angels, are black ghost knife fishes hard to keep? How about bichirs? Maybe some SA cichilds?

8. critter_fritter79

I have african cichlids...they seem to get along well with each other and the pleco in their tank, but I am not sure how they would do with others. Almost all my fish are loners..the SA's, oscars, bettas...sorry I can't be more help!

9. crazedACD

crazedACDValued MemberMember

BGK need a bigger tank than 55g...75++, over 100g ideal. They can be difficult to feed. Birchirs will likely snack on your swords as they get bigger.

I have an African Knife in my 55g, he is pretty cool...they max out somewhere between 8-13in. I have smaller tiger barbs in with him, and I was a little worried about them becoming dinner but the knife hasn't bothered them at all.

SA cichlids....I have a pair of small Blue Acaras too, they seem pretty non-offensive thus far (and get about 8"). Any cichlid might uproot your plants though.

10. OP
    OP
    Gouramiguy17

I was thinking about fire mouth cichilds, has anyone had any problems with them?

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice