Ok I am tired of livebearers!

1. Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

Ok, well I have offically became tired of livebearers! I think I am going to go to one of my lfs and trade in my livebearers. I am hoping that I can get a larger fish that has some personality. Is there anything that would be good with a featherfin cat, a couple swordtails, 3 bn plecos, a pair of kribs, and plants( they could go and so could the swordtails).

2. Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

And I would also want to keep a pair of larger gouramis

3. Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

Any suggestions?

4. critter_fritter79 Well Known Member Member

What kind of livebearers are you thinking of getting rid of?

5. Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

6. critter_fritter79 Well Known Member Member

Ah! I had a 20gallon I was breeding guppies in but had a heater malfunction in one of my other tanks. I had to put an adult angelfish in there...no more baby guppies!

7. Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

I don't really want any angels, are black ghost knife fishes hard to keep? How about bichirs? Maybe some SA cichilds?

8. critter_fritter79 Well Known Member Member

I have african cichlids...they seem to get along well with each other and the pleco in their tank, but I am not sure how they would do with others. Almost all my fish are loners..the SA's, oscars, bettas...sorry I can't be more help!

9. crazedACD Member Member

BGK need a bigger tank than 55g...75++, over 100g ideal. They can be difficult to feed. Birchirs will likely snack on your swords as they get bigger.

I have an African Knife in my 55g, he is pretty cool...they max out somewhere between 8-13in. I have smaller tiger barbs in with him, and I was a little worried about them becoming dinner but the knife hasn't bothered them at all.

SA cichlids....I have a pair of small Blue Acaras too, they seem pretty non-offensive thus far (and get about 8"). Any cichlid might uproot your plants though.

10. Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

I was thinking about fire mouth cichilds, has anyone had any problems with them?