Ok how many fish should be in a 10-gallon tank?

fishface007
ok how many fish should be in a 10-gallon tank??

Cody
depends on the type of fish... you could keep a school of neon tetras or cardinal tetras..harlequins.etc..look for fish that are about 1.5-2 inches. or a 3 inch and some smaller..but its 1inch per gallon..and its good to leave a inch or so..cause after you put in gravel and decor you have less water..but anyways for the most fish ..look for fish in th 1.5 to 2inch range and you could have 5 for sure

fishface007
haha wish me luk but I'm gettin ciclidz so how many of thouz y'all think??

Cody
I wouldnt recommend them in a ten galon tank..they are alittle bit on the aggressive side.depending what kind you get. and in ten gallon that woudlnt help..personly I don't want to encourage you do do that....is your tank cycled?

fishface007
yea, iv had a few already and ther aggressive except with lik kindz so...

Cody
the only thing I will recommend to you is tropical fish....I'm sure others would agree, this would also make things easier on you

COBettaCouple
Cichlids will need a bigger tank very soon. They grow too big for a 10 gallon tank and either their growth will be stunted, damaging their internal organs or they could start fighting for the limited space.

Cody
yes..I lve cichlids to but its just not right for the fish please don't do it

fishface007
then what do u hav for a suggestion thatz aggressive, colorful, and not too expensive..... but no tigerbarbz????

0morrokh
Aggressive fish aren't ususally suited for a small tank because a) many grow large and b) the restricted space would cause them to fight even more, causing stress and possible injury or even death.

I would recommend some small fish...a shoal of very small tetras (neons, glowlights, etc), a betta and a few catfish, or a group of smaller livebearers would be good choices. Unfortunately there's not a ton you can do with a 10 gal.

Oh I just thought of Dwarf Puffers! They're considered semi-aggressive and very interesting, and small enough to have a couple in a 10gal.

Cody
dwarf puffers are considerd to be very messy though..and they say it should be about 1 for ever 2 to 3 gallons of water..and they like a heavly planted tank also and I think your suposed to feed them snails ocasionaly..the easy thing to do there is go to you lfs and ask if they have pond snails you could take off there hands

dvd_wightman
You can get about 3 dwarf puffers in a 10 gallon tank that is heavily planted. Here some websites with some more info on them:

COBettaCouple
Those dwarf puffers have a lot of personality and are pretty fun fish. They fit what you're looking for and 3 would fit in a 10g. watch them since they can often get aggressive with each other.

the best way to feed them is to setup a small tank/container, put some pond snails in it and let them start breeding.. It won't be long until you have a practically endless supply of food for the puffers.

fishface007
wat do yall think about gourmiz? lik dwarfz?

0morrokh
lyndatu
The rule aquarist usually follow is 1 inch of fish per gallon......that means you can have 10 inches of fish!

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
DuaneV
Replies
Views
Nikki2577
Top Bottom