OK...do Over!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Tank Photos' started by lorabell, Apr 8, 2010.

1. l

lorabell Well Known Member Member

Well not really.......after doing ALL the changes last week......(parrots and $ to 155)...then angels from 72 to 55......I just wasnt happy...the 55 looked gloomy........sooooooooooooooooooooo ....lol...I just turned the background around.....lol....and shifted a few plants.......I think it looks better....

Attached Files:

2. TedsTank

TedsTank Well Known Member Member

Looks great!!

One thing I learned from those super show tanks is not to center or "balance" the tank with equally spaced decos and plants. Same is in art. The winning tanks usually split the tanks into thirds, with the main features being off center. This makes your eye wander around the tank viewing the whole scene, and makes open areas for the fish...it is very effective IMO.

3. OP
    OP
    l

HELP>>>>>> does it look tooooooo balanced???????

4. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

:;eye:;eye

:happy0034:

Ken:animal0028:

5. Meenu

Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

I don't think it looks too balanced... I like it.

6. Goldwing_Don

Goldwing_Don Well Known Member Member

looks good to me :;hf

7. phishyitis

phishyitis Valued Member Member

8. TedsTank

Sorry, maybe too balanced isn't the correct word!!
    Think of it like a shelf or and really cool picture...make the design cause your eyes to scan constantly...from a main focal point to other interesting lesser focal points.....sorry, maybe its the painter in me!!!...lol

9. Furallicah

Furallicah Well Known Member Member

I like it, the thin twisting drift wood looks really well with the plants.

10. TedsTank

ok this sort of what I mean. Example 3..will have a natural look and activity area for fish and things.

Attached Files:

11. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Looks good :)
    Carol

12. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

That looks fabulous!

13. OP
    OP
    l

Thanks everybody......gonna let it sit for now.......then who knows???????,.......I still have leftover rocks and things........maybe after the dust settles.....(lots of tanks changes in the last couple of weeks)......

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice