Ohhh, nooo. MTS hits hard. Funny

1. Omgami Member Member

:;laughing Well, My 75 gal has cycled and I am stuck, due to black ice, at home. I really wanted to dash into town (130 miles RT) and look for a couple of Orandas. I managed to get to a Petco yesterday (54 miles RT) and get two small black moors. Okay now the MTS part. Two very sweet little bettas followed me home. I did not encourage this at all! I was not prepared, however in no time I was able to arrange temporary housing for them. Zeph is a small black crowntail and Breeze is a regular male betta. He's blue with white fins outlined in black. If I can ever fiqure out my camera and this computer I will post pictures.
    So now I needed another tank, I stopped at a local thrift store and there was a 28 gal. HEX Truvue tank plus heater, whisper filter, UGF, gravel etc. etc all for twenty bucks. Well, the heater is worth more then that and DH really likes schools of tropicals so it came home with me. I also noticed another tank with hood etc but decided against it at the moment. All night I kept thinking about how I could divide a hex tank for the bettas and then reallized that I would need the 2nd thrift store tank. Well this morning I go out to feed the barnyard animals, slipping and sliding all the way. I remember that I have a tank stand in the barn and lo and behold when I pull out the stand tucked behind it is a 20 gal, fully loaded with everything tank. I think this tank has been hidden for 10 years. As soon as the ice melts I'm dragging it in for a major clean, I already grabbed the stand and will be cleaning it up this morning. The tank will be divided for the bettas. Hmmm 20 gallons could equal 4 bettas! To bad my husband has been stuck in town for the last two days and is not here to stop me. :;b

2. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

woo hoo!! :;bananaslide

make sure to stay on top of water changes with prime every day, even for the bettas, until the tanks cycle.

3. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

:;rlgreat story!!!!!!!!!! cant wait for pics....
    my bf doesnt even notice when I add a tank or 2 :whistling: and if he does, he just rolls his eyes now hahah

hope everyone is safe!!!! black ice is my least favorite~!

4. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Congratulations on your new arrivals!

I love the "too bad he's not here to stop me". That's priceless!:)

5. platy ben Well Known Member Member

Maybe you could use the ice to an advantage :D, rather than drag it, give it a shove on the ice and jump in, you'll be at your door in no time ;)

Sounds like a lot of fun :), hope everything goes smoothly :)

6. Red1313 Fishlore VIP Member

hehehe
    One of the best MTS stories ever lol

7. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Great story!! Congrats on the new babies. Can't wait for pics!!

:;laughing My husband has been doing the same thing.
    I'm like what tank? It's been there for a while now. :whistling:

We ran into a friend of ours today and hubby says to him, I don't even know how many tanks she has. Hmmmm does that mean he won't notice just one more? :angelnot:

8. Red1313 Fishlore VIP Member

ROFL Lucy