Oh what a eventful Betta weekend we have had.

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by allibobs, Apr 18, 2010.

1. allibobs

allibobsWell Known MemberMember

We Have 2 males and 2 female betta's (Colin, Ferdinand, Florence & Crystal) and oh boy it's been 1 eventful weekend with them.

Colin has decided to make a bubble nest oh boy is he a busy boy lol

Florence has decided she is lonely on her own, silly fish! She took to just laying on her side at the bottom of her tank looking dead and just would not eat. After much worry and talking over with hubby and where we got her from it was decided it was time to move her to another tank. She was on her own and she had never lived on her own before so a big decision was made to move her into one of my community tanks with my calmest of fish. Well she is now eating and has colour again and she seems to think she is a Platy lol hangs about with them quite happily. I am however keeping a VERY close eye on her and if she shows any aggression she may have to move on AGAIN.

Crystal has a mystery hole in the middle of her tail and I just cant figure where it's come from but apart from that she seems happy

As for Ferdinand he is sulking about something lurking at the bottom of his tank looking all limp finned and not really eating. I'm just hoping this is not another case of lonely fish (he came from the same place as Florence) as I'm not entirely sure where I could put him, just hope he snaps out of it.

2. hooxeii

hooxeiiWell Known MemberMember

Glad to hear you've got some beautiful new babies!

As for the betta in the community tank, be sure to not only watch for aggression from her, but also to watch for fin-nipping. Sometimes other fish can't resist tasting betta fins.

3. GoGreen

GoGreenWell Known MemberMember

They all have their own little personalities for sure!
    Good luck with Ferdinand, hope he perks up soon.

4. OP
    OP
    allibobs

allibobsWell Known MemberMember

Thank you!

I chose very carefully which community tank to put her in for that very reason, I have put her in with my very friendly fishies. So far all seems to be going well but I am keeping a very close eye.

5. Tigerfishy

TigerfishyWell Known MemberMember

What a weekend, huh!? Glad they are settling in OK for the most part. Ferdinand should be OK, I had one that took just over a week to properly settle in, so keep an eye. As long as he is eating fine, he may just be moping. One day you'll wake up and it will be like nothing was ever wrong with him, you'll see!