oh o!!

bigdogfish

well have had my tank fore 1 year sure feels good to see everything going so well. live rock has got good purple color, water is at good levels, fish have been doing fine, and me and wife have been just thrilled at the little things growing out of the rocks. we been feeding them shrimp watching them grow we would even pet them if we could. went to buy some coral and told the shop man about all the free coral we have growing in the aquarium, free coral he says, yea these cute little things growing out of the rocks. follow me says the man, is this the cute little things, sure is, well you have got apitasia and you don't want that that's is bad. wahh wahh waahhhhh. now I have got to get a weed eater or something these thing are every where. the fish are in the corner looking like they just got threw in the county jail. if any one can get me back on track and tell me the best fastest way I can start getting these out of my tank, me and my fish would be very happy thanks

Aquarist

Hello BigDogFish and Welcome to Fish Lore.
Hopefully some of the salt members will help you out before too long. Be sure to read over the Fish Forum Rules by clicking on Quick Links in the blue bar at the top of the screen.
Hope you enjoy the site.
Ken

sgould

Welcome bigdogfish! There are different things you can try for aiptasia. 1) peppermint shrimp are said to eat them...sometimes. 2) lemon juice injected into the aiptasia via syringe. 3) buy commercial aiptasia killing product, which I believe are applied similar to the lemon juice.

If you puruse the forums for older threads, you will find members who have used all of these methods with varying degrees of success. I have been fortunate enough to have avoided aiptasia, so I can't say from personal experience if one method is better than the other, but all have been said to work.

David C

The commercial product ive read about is Joe's Juice. From what I understand, it's no more effective than lemon juice, just more convenient since it's pre-mixed. Talk to your LFS and see if they have a confirmed aiptasia eating peppermint shrimp they'd be willing to sell you. I know if the aiptasia get's too big, the shrimp won't eat it and then the buttterfly fish works well.

Dave

Shock

What I did was get a syringe and 1 mL of lemon juice, it killed a huge aiptasia I had. I highly recondmend going this route instead of introducing a fish / shrimp that may or may not eat it.

waggers

you could try aiptasia eating nudibranches,talking to a guy in the lfs his tank was infested ,bought 2 nudis and they cleared it all out in no time.only trouble is when aiptasia is all gone nudis will starve to death.never had any myself so only going by what iv'e been told .also seen a video on you tube of nudis at work eating aiptasia ,awesome .can get them over here on the internet for about £12 each or $18 us dollars.if I had any would definatley use this method.

bigdogfish

bought 2 peppermint shrimp the will have to go the biggest loser if they eat all these. is this all there is is there any thing else. has anyone ever used blue vet aiptasia control. will this kill my coldy anemone. is there any way hard or easy.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
rswatts9
Replies
Views
Catappa
Replies
Views
BeardedGenz
  • Question