Oh No! Betta Bloated

spike98

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I would fast him for two days to a week to see if the bloating goes down. If it does you can feed him peas to help with digestion. I use frozen peas, microwave them for 4 minute in water, then I squeeze them out of the shell, let them cool, and feed the insides to the betta. Additionally, post a picture so someone more experienced can give you the best advice based on the bettas condition.

Ariyan

Valued Member
Reaction score
I would fast him for two days to a week to see if the bloating goes down. If it does you can feed him peas to help with digestion. I use frozen peas, microwave them for 4 minute in water, then I squeeze them out of the shell, let them cool, and feed the insides to the betta. Additionally, post a picture so someone more experienced can give you the best advice based on the bettas condition.
I dont want to starve him

spike98

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I believe bettas can go 2 weeks without eating and if you continue to feed him he may bloat more and eventually pass. I know it's no fun to go without feeding your betta especially when they give you that guilt stare but it's for the benefit of his health. You may not even have to go the full week without feeding as the problem could subside in less time. But he will need to be fasted to reduce bloat and allow him to pass whatever is causing the bloat.

Ariyan

Valued Member
Reaction score
I believe bettas can go 2 weeks without eating and if you continue to feed him he may bloat more and eventually pass. I know it's no fun to go without feeding your betta especially when they give you that guilt stare but it's for the benefit of his health. You may not even have to go the full week without feeding as the problem could subside in less time. But he will need to be fasted to reduce bloat and allow him to pass whatever is causing the bloat.
I guess ill have to but its just so sad

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom