Oh dear, my fish is at it again, Will I ever get it WELL?

1. chickadee Fishlore VIP Member

Hello AGAIN -

I have had what I thought was a lazy fish for a couple of days. Now this morning I get up to feed him and he looks like he is about 12 months pregnant on one side! his side is so swollen his scales are seperated. I feel so sorry for him. He tried to eat but it all just came right back up. I am afraid he has a bowel blockage and I do not know what can be done He just wants to lay around on his java moss and huddle there. I keep thinking if I keep him active it will be better for him, but I don't want to be mean and knock on the glass if he should be resting. Now I get downright UPSET IN BIG WAYS when I think I have done something dumb and hurt my little friends, but I am afraid this may be the case here. He was so sick after the high nitrites and then he had a day when his ammonia level was 4.0 and took three days for it to come down. He wouldn't eat at all then when he started to eat he ate like a piglet personified.

Any help you can send will be appreciated a LOT!!

Shalom,

Rose & a very blue :'( Azul

2. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

the swollen stomach and scale thing sounds like dropsy to me...hmm though it could also be constipation... is it Azul or Noel that's sick?
    Poor betta... :'(

3. chickadee Fishlore VIP Member

Hi Emma-

It's Azul. He doesn't have his scales sticking out or I would say dropsy too, but I am leaning toward constipation. Just wish there was such a thing as a MOM for fishies. :'(

Rose