Oh Dear!...i'm Sorry

Aquatilibus

I just heard a shriek from my wife, she was doing her eyelashes with her little make up brush....but I'd forgotten to tell her I'd just used the brush to cultivate my latest batch of micro-worms and hadn't rinsed it afterwards.
Has anybody else used non-aquatic objects like this?

Stoka

Dude. ROFL. I would be dead.

Fanatic

Yes, all the time, but cannot recall when I used a makeup brush for tank work, ha!

coralbandit

Very funny !
Stoka said:
Dude. ROFL. I would be dead.
Thinking the same …

Aquatilibus

*shrug* they were only itty bitty little worms, albeit still wriggling....I think putting my dinner in the trash was an over-reaction though

Aquatilibus

Crisis solved....I've agreed to take her out for a curry tonight, and have already ordered a replacement brush from Amazon

DoubleDutch

Seems to be the latest hype in make up.
Moving eye-lashes woohahahaha

aae0130

That wasn’t nice. Funny......but not nice.

Cheesecake

I use a tooth-brush to clean the walls of my tanks. Also I use regular steel wool to clean various aquarium ornaments, like rocks and such.
Once my Grandpa asked me if my turtle ate the fish he is kept with (they are feeder fish). I told him yes, then he told me not to add any Piranha's, as they might eat the turtle.

Thunder_o_b

I like this new guy

Aquatilibus It is a shame you live on the other side of the pond, I'd like to split a 12 pack with you

Aquatilibus

Thunder_o_b said:
I like this new guy

Aquatilibus It is a shame you live on the other side of the pond, I'd like to split a 12 pack with you
Thanks Thunder!.....I still visit the US regularly on business.....next time I come over I'll take you up on that!

NYFishGuy

Weird, I usually like to start my day with worms on my face

Thunder_o_b

Aquatilibus said:
Thanks Thunder!.....I still visit the US regularly on business.....next time I come over I'll take you up on that!
I live in the Akron Ohio area. It would be very cool. I try to meet with Fishlore members when ever possible.

Aquatilibus

Canaculus said:
I use a tooth-brush to clean the walls of my tanks. Also I use regular steel wool to clean various aquarium ornaments, like rocks and such.
Once my Grandpa asked me if my turtle ate the fish he is kept with (they are feeder fish). I told him yes, then he told me not to add any Piranha's, as they might eat the turtle.

Aquatilibus

Aquatilibus said:
I tried using a toothbrush, but it made my teeth go green

Nikki2577

This is hilarious!! I am now very thankful my husband doesn't like fish so much. Thank you Aquatilibus for a fabulous laugh, tell your wife I feel bad for her eyelash brush came alive!!

CanadianFishFan

The people who put their betta fish in a clear drinking class during water changes. I once asked how they would clean it as a joke. Not a joke! They just rinse it out and drink from it. Yuck :dead:
But my friend who brought me the rescues did put her fish in a water bottle for the 2 hour drive. LOL
Now I just use it to store gravel.

d7QJ8Fp0L6GdtLDV6PcWw-QSSCa-XiVv_3zybUXU58uVRU3P5pq2UyieGo95saPbntfPLMjAcpSJZ87u1vy=w344-h610-no.jpg

Saturn on the left in the cup and Finnagain in the bottle.

CanadianFishFan

NYFishGuy said:
Weird, I usually like to start my day with worms on my face
That's how it works with my fish on the weekend. Lights on, and I drop in the brine shrimp or frozen worms onto their sleeping face. Lol sometimes they don't wake up even after having the lights on and window open for 15mins. But to be honest same.

Marijn Lange

I “borrowed” my mothers tweezers to feed my fish bloodworms, she still hasn’t found her tweezers.

Besided that I always rinse off my frozen food in the sink. I once dropped like half of it and I forgot to clean it up. Later my mom found it and started screeming as she thought we had a pest invasion...

Cheesecake

Marijn Lange said:
I “borrowed” my mothers tweezers to feed my fish bloodworms, she still hasn’t found her tweezers.

Besided that I always rinse off my frozen food in the sink. I once dropped like half of it and I forgot to clean it up. Later my mom found it and started screeming as she thought we had a pest invasion...
Lol. Just get tweezers from Petco.

Fanatic

CanadianFishFan said:
The people who put their betta fish in a clear drinking class during water changes. I once asked how they would clean it as a joke. Not a joke! They just rinse it out and drink from it. Yuck :dead:
But my friend who brought me the rescues did put her fish in a water bottle for the 2 hour drive. LOL

d7QJ8Fp0L6GdtLDV6PcWw-QSSCa-XiVv_3zybUXU58uVRU3P5pq2UyieGo95saPbntfPLMjAcpSJZ87u1vy=w344-h610-no.jpg

I have used a common drinking cup for holding fish, but I did wash it before using it again.

WinterSoldier.

Holy cow!

Crazycoryfishlady

CanadianFishFan said:

Omg could you imagine how mad my mom would be if I made my homemade fish food in a blender she bought?
Honestly I do the same thing though.
It's a personal blender, and I just rinse it ouylt and make smoothies in it
I sometimes use it to catch fish too lol, and when I make the fish food I use tank water.

NanaW

Aquatilibus said:
I just heard a shriek from my wife, she was doing her eyelashes with her little make up brush....but I'd forgotten to tell her I'd just used the brush to cultivate my latest batch of micro-worms and hadn't rinsed it afterwards.
Your a lucky man

CanadianFishFan

Heres a good one!
Anyone use their same pot for food as well for boiling driftwood? I would get into trouble for doing it, lol!

NanaW

CanadianFishFan said:
Heres a good one!
Anyone use their same pot for food as well for boiling driftwood? I would get into trouble for doing it, lol!
I used an old Halloween Bowl lol

KarenSoCal

Aquatilibus said:
It says in your profile you are a "professional inventor"! May I ask what you invent? It is most assuredly not aquarium supplies? LOL!

Or I suppose eyelash brushes could go under the heading "don't re-invent the wheel"?

Enquiring minds want to know...

Aquatilibus

KarenSoCal said:
It says in your profile you are a "professional inventor"! May I ask what you invent? It is most assuredly not aquarium supplies? LOL!

Or I suppose eyelash brushes could go under the heading "don't re-invent the wheel"?

Enquiring minds want to know...
HI Karen....Consumer products

Basil

I really need to replenish my kitchen measuring spoons. About 50% of them have been commandeered for aquarium or barn use!
And I don’t wash them and put them back in the kitchen!

Aqua Hands

Items ive taken:
*2 towels are now permanent residents of my fish closet
*1 tweezers set
*1 turkey baster
*2 medical syringes
*an unmentionable amount of measuring tools
* a ice tray
* a tuberware set
*3 cups
ummmm... oh yea I also take our frozen shrimp

Vaughn

Better than accidentally grabbing a cup of frozen worms that were thawing and drinking it at 2 am thinking it was my water glass haha

Aqua Hands

Vaughn said:
Better than accidentally grabbing a cup of frozen worms that were thawing and drinking it at 2 am thinking it was my water glass haha

Guanchy

Vaughn said:
I would've died!

I took my wife's tweezers to feed my fish worms and I almost got killed!

Aquatilibus

I've almost done that! (drank worms)....but my excuse was that it was a senior moment.

Aqua Hands

Aquatilibus said:
I've almost done that! (drank worms)....but my excuse was that it was a senior moment.
Understandable. we all have our moments. I've drained a tank on to our carpet before.

Aquatilibus

*LOL*....well at least you can say it had been cleaned

ValerieAdams

Aquatilibus said:
Nope, nope, nope. My makeup/brushes are expensive. I probably would've cried. I already hate worms. I cannot imagine. Oh mannnnnnn. Gives me the heebie jeebies just thinking about it

Thunder_o_b said:
I live in the Akron Ohio area. It would be very cool. I try to meet with Fishlore members when ever possible.
My friend goes to college in Akron and wants me to visit some time. If I do, I will try to see if we can meet up!!

Thunder_o_b

ValerieAdams said:
Nope, nope, nope. My makeup/brushes are expensive. I probably would've cried. I already hate worms. I cannot imagine. Oh mannnnnnn. Gives me the heebie jeebies just thinking about it

My friend goes to college in Akron and wants me to visit some time. If I do, I will try to see if we can meet up!!
We live about 20 min from the downtown campus. It would be good to meet you

Lynn78too

Maybe I'm more of an "eh, I'll be ok" kind of gal. I've put the betta in a 4 cup measuring cup and just reused it, at first I wasn't sure but then I realized I also reuse a cutting boards that have raw fish and chicken on them. I used the big stock pot for boiling the driftwood. I triple washed it and then made soup. I did not reuse the turkey baster that I used to use to suck up the betta's poop before I had an actual syphon. I also didn't reuse the sponge I bought specifically for scraping the algae off the glass. The worm thing, not ok.

I guess we all have our limits.

sherree

Men, as a woman I’m advising you never tell your significant other that you used ANY OF HER BRUSHES....tooth, hair, eyelash, or even jewelry cleaning brush on the fish tank or their food, or even on your person anywhere!... however imagining what I’d put my husband through had he done this has me pee-ing myself a little while tears of laughter roll down my face....Ty Aquatilibus for the chuckle

Top Bottom