Oh Dear!...i'm Sorry

Aquatilibus

Active Member
Member
Messages
206
Reaction score
337
Location
Cambridge UK
Experience
More than 10 years
I just heard a shriek from my wife, she was doing her eyelashes with her little make up brush....but I'd forgotten to tell her I'd just used the brush to cultivate my latest batch of micro-worms and hadn't rinsed it afterwards.
Has anybody else used non-aquatic objects like this?
 

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
9,161
Reaction score
6,158
Location
Texas
Experience
3 years
Yes, all the time, but cannot recall when I used a makeup brush for tank work, ha!
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #5
OP
Aquatilibus

Aquatilibus

Active Member
Member
Messages
206
Reaction score
337
Location
Cambridge UK
Experience
More than 10 years
*shrug* they were only itty bitty little worms, albeit still wriggling....I think putting my dinner in the trash was an over-reaction though
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #6
OP
Aquatilibus

Aquatilibus

Active Member
Member
Messages
206
Reaction score
337
Location
Cambridge UK
Experience
More than 10 years
Crisis solved....I've agreed to take her out for a curry tonight, and have already ordered a replacement brush from Amazon
 

Cheesecake

Well Known
Member
Messages
2,492
Reaction score
3,456
Location
Somewhere Over The Rainbow.
Experience
5 to 10 years
I use a tooth-brush to clean the walls of my tanks. Also I use regular steel wool to clean various aquarium ornaments, like rocks and such.
Once my Grandpa asked me if my turtle ate the fish he is kept with (they are feeder fish). I told him yes, then he told me not to add any Piranha's, as they might eat the turtle.
 

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
9,629
Reaction score
6,177
Location
North East Ohio…USA
Experience
More than 10 years
I like this new guy

Aquatilibus It is a shame you live on the other side of the pond, I'd like to split a 12 pack with you
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #11
OP
Aquatilibus

Aquatilibus

Active Member
Member
Messages
206
Reaction score
337
Location
Cambridge UK
Experience
More than 10 years
Thunder_o_b said:
I like this new guy

Aquatilibus It is a shame you live on the other side of the pond, I'd like to split a 12 pack with you
Thanks Thunder!.....I still visit the US regularly on business.....next time I come over I'll take you up on that!
 

NYFishGuy

Well Known
Member
Messages
503
Reaction score
263
Location
NY
Experience
1 year
Weird, I usually like to start my day with worms on my face :woot:
 

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
9,629
Reaction score
6,177
Location
North East Ohio…USA
Experience
More than 10 years
Aquatilibus said:
Thanks Thunder!.....I still visit the US regularly on business.....next time I come over I'll take you up on that!
I live in the Akron Ohio area. It would be very cool. I try to meet with Fishlore members when ever possible.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #14
OP
Aquatilibus

Aquatilibus

Active Member
Member
Messages
206
Reaction score
337
Location
Cambridge UK
Experience
More than 10 years
Canaculus said:
I use a tooth-brush to clean the walls of my tanks. Also I use regular steel wool to clean various aquarium ornaments, like rocks and such.
Once my Grandpa asked me if my turtle ate the fish he is kept with (they are feeder fish). I told him yes, then he told me not to add any Piranha's, as they might eat the turtle.
 

Nikki2577

Well Known
Member
Messages
1,977
Reaction score
968
Location
Maine
Experience
5 to 10 years
This is hilarious!! I am now very thankful my husband doesn't like fish so much. Thank you Aquatilibus for a fabulous laugh, tell your wife I feel bad for her eyelash brush came alive!!
 

CanadianFishFan

Well Known
Member
Messages
3,407
Reaction score
2,167
Location
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Experience
3 years
The people who put their betta fish in a clear drinking class during water changes. I once asked how they would clean it as a joke. Not a joke! They just rinse it out and drink from it. Yuck :dead:
But my friend who brought me the rescues did put her fish in a water bottle for the 2 hour drive. LOL
Now I just use it to store gravel.
d7QJ8Fp0L6GdtLDV6PcWw-QSSCa-XiVv_3zybUXU58uVRU3P5pq2UyieGo95saPbntfPLMjAcpSJZ87u1vy=w344-h610-no.jpg

Saturn on the left in the cup and Finnagain in the bottle.
 

CanadianFishFan

Well Known
Member
Messages
3,407
Reaction score
2,167
Location
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Experience
3 years
NYFishGuy said:
Weird, I usually like to start my day with worms on my face :woot:
That's how it works with my fish on the weekend. Lights on, and I drop in the brine shrimp or frozen worms onto their sleeping face. Lol sometimes they don't wake up even after having the lights on and window open for 15mins. But to be honest same.
 

Marijn Lange

Active Member
Member
Messages
356
Reaction score
159
Location
Rotterdam
Experience
Just started
I “borrowed” my mothers tweezers to feed my fish bloodworms, she still hasn’t found her tweezers.

Besided that I always rinse off my frozen food in the sink. I once dropped like half of it and I forgot to clean it up. Later my mom found it and started screeming as she thought we had a pest invasion...
 

Cheesecake

Well Known
Member
Messages
2,492
Reaction score
3,456
Location
Somewhere Over The Rainbow.
Experience
5 to 10 years
Marijn Lange said:
I “borrowed” my mothers tweezers to feed my fish bloodworms, she still hasn’t found her tweezers.

Besided that I always rinse off my frozen food in the sink. I once dropped like half of it and I forgot to clean it up. Later my mom found it and started screeming as she thought we had a pest invasion...
Lol. Just get tweezers from Petco.
 

New Threads

Similar Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
272
Guests online
3,360
Total visitors
3,632

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom