Oh boy! DIY

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by fishcrazy99, Jul 16, 2015.

1. fishcrazy99Well Known MemberMember

Hey guys, getting ready to start my second fish related project. I'm almost done with my first which i will post about when its done :) (its a wooden cover for metal stands and its going to look gorgeous). The project in getting ready to start involves hydroponics. Im doing this so i can get on a bimonthly waterchange plan and with my german ram as sensitive as he is im gonna wanna go all out. Im doing a slight variation of this  
    With my design i only have one issue,
    Does anyone know how fast a 1/2 inch diameter tube drains water? Ive figured out that my power head will pump about 2 gallons of water into the box when it turns on for 1 minute 8 times a day but im not sure if it will drain fast enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. Wendigoblue

WendigoblueWell Known MemberMember

Aquaponics in a 29 gallons with 5 goldfish and 0 ammonia is amazing! I love aquaponics, they have some where they use a container with lots of holes and just lay it in the tank. Those will work with lots of flow around the plant roots, but your setup looks nice! What types of plants are you growing/planning on growing?

3. OP
    OP
    f

fishcrazy99Well Known MemberMember

I was thinking i was going to do flowers that grow well in shade because most fruits/ vegtables need a lot of sun and i will be growing them out of a window that has a huge oak tree blocking out a lot of the mid day sun. I kind of want a fragrence garden that will make my room smell nice

4. Wendigoblue

WendigoblueWell Known MemberMember

Awesome!

5. OP
    OP
    f

fishcrazy99Well Known MemberMember

Before and after ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1437261237.624946.jpgImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1437261264.677817.jpg
    Sorry, not the best pics. If any of you guys like this idea let me know and i can create a step by step for you guys!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice