Odessa Barbs Compatibility

A201

Odessa Barbs certainly can be kept with most mid sized Tetras.
Be a good idea to keep at least five Odessas. It's been my experience that Odessa Barbs do better in cooler water, 70 - 76 degrees.
Odessas are very active, especially in the morning. Males relentlessly chase the females.
Great fish, one of my favorites.

Upvote 0

Trashboat

Odessa Barbs certainly can be kept with most mid sized Tetras.
Be a good idea to keep at least five Odessas. It's been my experience that Odessa Barbs do better in cooler water, 70 - 76 degrees.
Odessas are very active, especially in the morning. Males relentlessly chase the females.
Great fish, one of my favorites.
I have to keep my water around 80 for my other fish, so would you consider neon tetras to be a mid sized barb? I'm also going to purchase 4 more odessa barbs but they are smaller than the ones I have currently, will they attack the younger ones?

Upvote 0

A201

The larger Odessas likely won't injure smaller new additions. My Odessas were more active at the noted lower temperatures. As long as there is sufficient aeration the Odessas will probably be fine at 80 degrees.
Like most fish, Odessas might eat tankmates small enough to fit in it's mouth. Odessas aren't really predators, but more like opportunist omnivorous. Very hardy fish.

Upvote 0

Trashboat

The larger Odessas likely won't injure smaller new additions. My Odessas were more active at the noted lower temperatures. As long as there is sufficient aeration the Odessas will probably be fine at 80 degrees.
Like most fish, Odessas might eat tankmates small enough to fit in it's mouth. Odessas aren't really predators, but more like opportunist omnivorous. Very hardy fish.
Thanks for the help! And yeah I'm not buying anything small enough that could fit in their mouths

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
FishyLove1
  • Question
  • Trashboat
  • Barbs
Replies
Views
Trashboat
Replies